Help in Unroot

newnado

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Before that, I want to say that I already read several articles in this forum or googling some information about unrooting HTC One M7. But none of them satisfy me. Well, I am not a professional in rooting world.

Actually this is a very simple question. Most of forums threads and articles about unrooting One always tell me to back to official firmware 4.2.2

But if I only root the phone WITHOUT using any custom firmware, do I really need to back to 4.2.2 ? I am still running on regular Android 4.3

Thanks for the information and responses btw. :)

Posted via My Lovely HTC One

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Before that, I want to say that I already read several articles in this forum or googling some information about unrooting HTC One M7. But none of them satisfy me. Well, I am not a professional in rooting world.

Actually this is a very simple question. Most of forums threads and articles about unrooting One always tell me to back to official firmware 4.2.2

But if I only root the phone WITHOUT using any custom firmware, do I really need to back to 4.2.2 ? I am still running on regular Android 4.3

Thanks for the information and responses btw. :)

Hello. No, you don't have to go back to older firmware. If you simply just rooted, you can stay on your current version of Android. Are you using SuperSU for root? If so, it has a built in unroot option.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

newnado

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello. No, you don't have to go back to older firmware. If you simply just rooted, you can stay on your current version of Android. Are you using SuperSU for root? If so, it has a built in unroot option.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

Thank you. Right now i am using Superuser from ClockworkMod.

newnado

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Install SuperSU and see if you can unroot.

I managed to unroot using SuperSU, but somehow when I restart my phone, the Superuser from ClockworkMod returned with my device fully rooted as normal. Do you know what cause this? Is it because the CWM recovery that installed when I root the phone? Is there anything I could do to remove the CWM recovery?

Before I use the SuperSU unroot feature, I manually relock the bootloader using command prompt in my computer, because most of website tell me to relock the bootloader.

Sorry for my bad English