Android Ads?

MozartMan

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Android Ads

So, I updated yesterday to Android 14 and Samsung ONE UI 6.0 on my unlocked S23 Ultra on T-Mobile. This morning I noticed icon in the top notification bar. Icon looked like letter i inside the circle O. I clicked on that and the header of the information box was – Android Ads. There was Privacy Settings link at the bottom of information box below the text. I clicked on the link. There were three settings there about different kinds of ads. I switched them all off.

Has anybody got this notification? I am curious if this the new feature of Android 14 OS?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Android Ads

So, I updated yesterday to Android 14 and Samsung ONE UI 6.0 on my unlocked S23 Ultra on T-Mobile. This morning I noticed icon in the top notification bar. Icon looked like letter i inside the circle O. I clicked on that and the header of the information box was – Android Ads. There was Privacy Settings link at the bottom of information box below the text. I clicked on the link. There were three settings there about different kinds of ads. I switched them all off.

Has anybody got this notification? I am curious if this the new feature of Android 14 OS?
Not me AT&T S23 Ultra Android 14 Stable U1

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have seen that notification on all my phones. Fold 5, S23 ultra and Pixel 8 Pro. Could be Android 14 thing since I was on Android 14 beta on both S23 ultra and Fold 5.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is to do with Google's new alternative to cookies, called topics.

It's not related to Android 14 or OneUI 6 as I've seen it on my Z Flip 5 which is on OneUI 5.1.1/ Android 13, it's linked to your chrome version I believe.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

MozartMan

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Found article today that explains Android Ads notification that I got after installing update.

How to disable Android's new Ads Privacy features​

Here are few excerpts:

Google Android users may see a new message after the installation of updates that informs them that new ads privacy features are available. Google claims that the new features improve user privacy (yeah, right) when applications display advertisement on Android devices.
The three core parts of the Ads privacy are:

"Ad topics",
"App-suggested ads"
"Ad measurement"
Android users may disable all Ad Privacy features on their device. While that does not mean that they will see fewer ads, it does block Google's incentive and may prevent it from getting even more control over advertising on the Internet.
Read the article from the link for more info.
I attached image that shows those screens.

F^^^^^^cking Google.

Attachments

• AndroidAds.png
    AndroidAds.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 31

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen anything like that yet on my Z Flip 3 running Android 13, but I don't use Chrome, I use Brave Browser, and I'm extremely picky about what I update app-wise.

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to try and start showing ads in the notification area... if I remember right Samsung tried something similar on their flagship devices, which went over like a lead balloon, and they ended up dropping the idea pretty quickly 😯

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's not related to the browser. It is part of Android 14 OS. That's why it is called "Android Ads".
FuzzyLumpkin stated in his post above (post #4) that he was getting that on his Z Flip 5 running Android 13.
This is to do with Google's new alternative to cookies, called topics.

It's not related to Android 14 or OneUI 6 as I've seen it on my Z Flip 5 which is on OneUI 5.1.1/ Android 13, it's linked to your chrome version I believe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej