Cannot mound SD Card/Storage, No ROM on HTC One S

Richard Vier

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I got 99 problems but a working ROM aint one of em

To make a long (and probably unoriginal) story short I attempted to root and install Cyanogenmod 10.2 on my T-Mobile USA HTC One S. Did this with fastboot, adb, the htcdev tool, and twrp recovery flash.

Everything was going smooove until it came time to flash the cyanogenmod rom. After flashing using twrp it went into a boot loop. I attempted to flash an older version of cyanogen, (v10.1.3) and it was the same. After trying a few things I could barely understand it all got messed up.

I guess rather than writing you a novel I'll give you the current state of things and see where we can go from here?

As of right now in the bootloader it says:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.13.50.05.31
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot

When I was trying to flash it I got an error that says something like (unable to mount sd card; unable to mount storage) and a fix I found was to relock the bootloader and run the RUU in order to remount the sd card.

I cannot find a good RUU for my phone. Every attempt (five RUU's now) has said "error 135" basically stating that it's the wrong RUU for my device.

Before I locked the bootloader I still had access to TWRP, just couldn't do much with it without access to a sd card partition.

Be kind to a newb.

Thanks!

Richard

Invalid42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I think my last post wasn't uploaded...

I found the solution for my system. I installed the wrong TWRP recovery software and didn't get into recovery mode anymore. So I reinstalled Clockworkmod again and got into recovery, but couldn't format or mount my sdcard. After several hours I tried the right TWRP recovery software and got into recovery mode again, where I could flash and mount my sdcard. So I finally could flash my ROM...

popsicles_empire

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
i have a sprint htc one m7 wls was rooted with stock rom , i tried to tweak it a little by installing cwm but i was having issues entering recovery and also wiping cache from rom manager app... i managed to put it to s-off with rumrunner.. .. it was on hboot 1.44 and when i lost the whole process i decided to flash the stock recovery,its relocked now and tampered it became hboot 1.61.,it worked and gets me into android recovery but my htc doesnt boot up from the htc white screen. i dont know what to do anymore as i am stuck here . i think i wiped all contents on my internal sdcard. anytime i boot into bootloader and i scroll down to check smartsd, it boots into the stock recovery mode and there are options, i try to install rom from sdcard but it seems there are no files on it..... someone please help me with a solution..

Devlex

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
How to Re-mount sdcard after messing up

Download the correct RUU and run it on your PC, minimize it
Press Win+R, to open Run. Type: %temp% and enter.
This opens temporary folder, find a folder related to the RUU
It contains two zip folders rom1 and rom2
Copy rom1.zip to desktop and extract it. (get recovery_signed.img)
Put the file in your adb folder and flash it using fastboot.

ie. fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed.img

Press power button once to go back to main hboot screen
Press Clear Storage, Phone restarts but stops at boot
The Back to hboot
Press Factory reset

Bam!!
Reinstall custom recovery and sdcard is sorted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87