I have app updates that are queued but never seem to update. What is the issue?

A

AC Question

I have app updates that are "queued" but never seem to update.

I have an HTC One. My task bar constantly shows apps that are trying to update, however they are listed as "Queued" and never seem to actually update. What is the issue? Can it be resolved?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have app updates that are "queued" but never seem to update.

What happens if you try to update them from the Play Store? Do they ask for new permissions to be accepted?

msgflyer

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

There are no permissions that are necessary. When I try to update it from the App Store, I still get the green bar that runs across the screen and nothing changes.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi, thanks for signing in and welcome to the forums!

You could try this. Stop the updates in the play store. Go to your phone settings - apps and clear cache for Play Store and force stop. Reboot your phone and try again.

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried uninstalling one of the apps and then re-installing it?

Can you install new apps?

msgflyer

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I am unable to locate a "clear cache" under my apps. My options under the drop down are "sort by size" and "Reset app preferences"

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Once you are in settings - apps scroll down and look for Google Play Store. Tap on it. If it's not there look in the "all" tab. Something like this

Attachments

• 1435079289196.jpg
    1435079289196.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4

msgflyer

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I found it, clicked on it, and the option to "stop" is there. I clicked on that. However, there are still a whole bunch of other apps that are labeled "cached background process" and I can't seem to be able to force stop all at the same time. Should I be selecting each individually to stop each one?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ok. You just need to clear the cache for the Play Store, don't mess with other processes, leave it for now. Just reboot your phone and open Play store, if an app gets stuck when updating tap on it and stop that update. See if the rest of apps do the same.

anastacia42

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I got as far as the Force Stop recommended above, but it has said "Computing" on Total, App, Data and Cache for about 20 minutes now and won't let me Clear Cache.

Now what, please?

Thank you!
Stacy

James Zavala

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I have a android coolpad just bought today its doing the same thing for me won't let me download anything just continues to say qeued in the status bar n it download without actually downloading

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress