Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

ok im stuck at flashing the unlock bin file. the instructions arent very detailed as to whether i need to reboot into fastboot or have the phone booted fully when performing. either way i run the command and it never flashes to the device the unlock bin file. it sits at 0kb and never progresses forward.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

You need to have your phone in usb fastboot mode. You need to put the unlock bin file in the fastboot file. This is the file that htc sent you. Don't rename it. Then in a command prompt you need to cd to the fastboot folder .
Type
Code:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
that should work.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

followed instructions to the letter. when performing the fastboot flash,it just sits at 0 kb transferred. nothing else happens. everything is in its proper folder,sdk installed,htc sync installed,still a no go. the unlock code bin just isnt flashing to the one v. the device is detected when typing fastboot devices.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Your htc sync may be getting in the way. I saw that it sometimes makes things difficult. open task manager and kill the process for htc sync. Then try it.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

im unlocked and rooted via XP...but i wouldnt recommend my method to anyone on xp. these guides just arent working via xp. i had to open two instances of fastboot to finally get the boot loader unlocked,then the install of super su was easy..that went well. now every time i try to use fastboot to flash any recovery for the phone i can see it starting to say sending..then it completely reboots my pc with a fatal error wanting to be sent to MS after pc reboot. something isnt working correctly via xp. not sure what,but it all revolves around fastboot.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Hmmmm I don't know dude.....But why ON EARTH are you still on xp???????? lol doesn't make sense to me. :p

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

There's something wrong with your system. My laptop is xp and works just fine with fastboot.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I've installed the One V All In One Tool on an XP desk top. Then I just use a command window from C:\One V\data to run the commands. Worked like a charm. You can find it on xda.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

yeah i think there is a hardware issue somewhere. most likely in the usb ports. each time i try to send the recovery it reboots the pc. i have a minidump log ive been looking over. i figure its hardware. ive reinstalled android sdk,reinstalled htc sync and only used its drivers made sure fastboot,adb,etc were all up to date and put in C:\fastboot the command im using is fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img for the cwm variant. each one shows "sending.." just before the pc reboots. crazy. and as for me using xp..well its just something im used to lol. odd though i was finally able to get the boot loader unlocked..although definitely not through the guide..i improvised to the point i could have destroyed the device but it worked. and so did root. ill stick with that until i can replace the usb card and upgrade. thanks for all the help and effort. :)

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

yeah i think there is a hardware issue somewhere. most likely in the usb ports. each time i try to send the recovery it reboots the pc. i have a minidump log ive been looking over. i figure its hardware. ive reinstalled android sdk,reinstalled htc sync and only used its drivers made sure fastboot,adb,etc were all up to date and put in C:\fastboot the command im using is fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img for the cwm variant. each one shows "sending.." just before the pc reboots. crazy. and as for me using xp..well its just something im used to lol. odd though i was finally able to get the boot loader unlocked..although definitely not through the guide..i improvised to the point i could have destroyed the device but it worked. and so did root. ill stick with that until i can replace the usb card and upgrade. thanks for all the help and effort. :)

Let him team view and do it for you. He did it for me

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

overcame the reboot issues...tossed old junker pc out the window.. new system lmao :cool: nice guide bro.

dankstahz

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Hoping I didn't brick my phone. Easily unlocked the bootloader and rooted my HTC One V, I only hit some issues when I got to installing CM10. After I installed CM10 and Gapps, I rebooted, but I am stuck on a black screen after the HTC logo and red developer text appears. Really could use some help, first time attempting any of this. Thanks.

dankstahz

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm positive I flashed the boot image. :/ I'm in the process of trying to re-flash my stock rom and starting over. I had to have missed something somewhere and soft-bricked my phone. This is all new territory for me, so I'm learning. Hopefully second time is a charm.

theworstlesbian

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Windows Vista, and I'm stuck at the bootloader unlock part. When I do fastboot oem get_identifier_token it just says <waiting for device> and nothing happens.

UPDATE: Installing HTC Sync. I think my problem was not having USB drivers.

Last edited:

kangyooni

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Hi, anyone would help me to get a stock ROM for GSM (preferably Europe, but not Benelux). I unlocked & rooted my OneV but still can't switch off that f... Cell Broadcast.

[Edit] Got one (RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_2.22.401.1_Radio_20.76.30.0835U_3831.19.00.120_release_273801_signed)
But phone does not accept it (error 155 in RUU). IS there any way to force update? All manuals say to get correct RUU file but that's not what I want, I need stock ROM for a different market... :(

Last edited:

dankstahz

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Alright, I've tried this three times, and have had to reflash my stock with the RUU each time. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. No errors on command prompt through the whole process, and made sure everything was for the CDMA Primoc Virgin Mobile One V. Process:
1) Unlock
2) Root/Flash Recovery (Tried CWM 5.8 and TWRP2)
3) Placed rom and gapps zips on sdcard.
4) Backed up
5) Whiped cache, dalvik, data
6) Installed rom and gapps from zip
7) From fastboot, flashed boot.img

When rebooting, each time I got stuck with the white HTC screen with red text saying "This build is for development purposes only...". It did this before booting into a custom recovery as well, but loaded normally. Could really, really use some help. Feel free to pm me OP if you have the time.

EDIT: Figured it out!! Had the wrong boot image each time! There's a few jb kernals floating around. Thanks for all the info OP, I've learned a lot. :)

Last edited:

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the 9-9 build of cm10 with JellyBoot4 kernel. It's working great except the camcorder...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2