Next Song double tap = Call

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
While playing music (Google music player, Amazon player) If I double tap the mic button, I expect it to advance to next track. It happens regardless of which earbuds I use.

Instead it redials the last call I made.
In fact a double tap of the mic button redials last number no matter what app I'm in. If I'm in the browser, and I double tap it both starts Music, and redials.

Is there a setting for this that I missed? Or is this just HTCs way?
How can I stop this?
Very annoying.

This occurs on my international HOX.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Two ways to fix your issue (as far as I know)

1) buy a pair of headphones designed for android. Most of the headphones with inline controls are setup for iCrap stuff. That center control will only work for play and pause. I believe klipsch has a set of android headphones

2) download headset button controller from the market. The app allows you to use that middle button as you wish on any headset and get the functions you are looking for.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jess, I'll check out Headset Controller from the market.

I tested this with the single button earbuds that came with the HOX, as well as an old school single button iPhone model, and a high end Yurbuds, and a couple others.

On ALL our phones, Nexus One, Atrix 2, Captivate, using only the single (center) button all of these phone work the same. Single click stop/start. Double click = Forward. Triple click = back.

Note that this STILL works. Double click does advance to the next song. But at the same time it dials the last number. GRRRRR!!

Does this also do this on your HTC One? (warning: Call your home phone before you try this).

Update:

Headset Button Controller from the market worked perfectly.!!
I still have no Idea why I need a three dollar app to fix something so basic.

Last edited:

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've not had any luck with the 3 button headsets until i found headset button controller. I could only get the center button to work (iphone headset, bose, dre ibeats, yurbuds) for play and pause. A double click always dialed the last number (and yes, it does that with my HOX). I've had the issue with any 3 button headphones I've used dating back to my N1 (+atrix, skyrocket, note, vivid and HOX).

Right now I'm using my ibeats (w/ the hbc app) a lot along with my personal favorite, the LG HBS700 stereo bluetooth.

I agree about the $3...but it seemed a small price to pay to be able to use some nicer headphones.

I actually bought the klipsch a4 and used them for a day. For $99 i was really hoping for a better quality sound. And even with them (on the SGSII SR) I had to download a free app from klipsch to get them to function properly.

Look deeper into the functions of the HBC app. You can set all kinds of stuff...what to do when you plug headphones in, open different apps with different sequence of button clicks, etc.

Glad I was able to help

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You can use the middle button to skip, go back, play and pause without headset button controller? Do the volume buttons work to?

What am I doing wrong?

I think your using iPhone headphones. The iBeats are pause/call middle, top is next song, bottom is last song.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, this happens with ALL earbuds with a mic. ALL. Every those that predate beats, predate iPhone, single button, multiple button, even the cheap ones that came with the international HOX. It has nothing to do with beats. It even happens when I select No Effects in settings (shutting off beats).

The center button is all that I use. It's all that exists.

There is something in Sense that causes a double click of the mic button to redial last call.
Only with Headset Button Controller from the market was I able to solve this.

I can't believe nobody else is seeing this.

Sent from my HOX

Last edited:

supermaniac

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
HI guys!

I have the same with my HOX+, I just cannot stop the double click to redial, alwayshave to clear recent calls history. Also headset button control doesn't seem to make a difference (trial version) - still redials. Can you give me the exact settings you made?

thanks an best

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well there are a lot of settings to choose from, so I'm doing screen shots.

One thing I found necessary is to put the headset button controller 1x1 widget on one of my home screens. That prevents android from shutting it down. I never have to actually use the widget, it just has to be there.

Ok, screen shots. Under advanced there are multiple pages. I really haven't messed with many of them.

e8yta9uq.jpg

8y8ysytu.jpg

ege4uta8.jpg

muhadyru.jpg

zy2yzage.jpg

Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member