Photos in Cloud on Gallery app?

reno55

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Since space is limited on our One X's does anyone have a worthwhile solution to have handy access to all my photos stored on the cloud but accessible in the gallery app?

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's possible to have them stored in the cloud and access them in the gallery. I use both dropbox and the Picasa Tool App to access photos.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox works like a charm. Every picture you take can be backed to the cloud while keeping the original in your phone. You can chose to do this via WI-FI only or WI-FI+ phone connection. You can download any picture from your dropbox account any time as well.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just have it set to sync picasa in account settings then when in gallery you hit the top left and choose picasa

You probably don't want to sync Picasa. I never do. That keeps all your picasa photos on the phone and saves you nothing.

I upload to picasa from several sources, Tablet, Phone, old phone (used on wifi only), and desktop computer. The last thing I want is all those downloaded to my phone.

So I leave Sync Picasa Web Albums unchecked, and just upload the ones I want to upload. (Share, Picasa, Upload, done).

I can still view all my Picasa albums with Sync Turned off.
In the gallery, tap Albums, select Picasa Web Albums, or Drop box, or some others that appear there.

But Syncing Picasa is NOT necessary for this, and NOT recommended if you want to save space on the phone.

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't want to sync Picasa. I never do. That keeps all your picasa photos on the phone and saves you nothing.

I upload to picasa from several sources, Tablet, Phone, old phone (used on wifi only), and desktop computer. The last thing I want is all those downloaded to my phone.

So I leave Sync Picasa Web Albums unchecked, and just upload the ones I want to upload. (Share, Picasa, Upload, done).

I can still view all my Picasa albums with Sync Turned off.
In the gallery, tap Albums, select Picasa Web Albums, or Drop box, or some others that appear there.

But Syncing Picasa is NOT necessary for this, and NOT recommended if you want to save space on the phone.

This is not correct I have it set as I mentioned and no photos are physically on my phone.

It just allows me to view my Web albums in the gallery app

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This is not correct I have it set as I mentioned and no photos are physically on my phone.

It just allows me to view my Web albums in the gallery app

I refer you to Reno55's post at the top of this thread, where he states this is exactly what he wants.
No or very few photos on the phone, but instant access to photos in the cloud.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I refer you to Reno55's post at the top of this thread, where he states this is exactly what he wants.
No or very few photos on the phone, but instant access to photos in the cloud.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly and I said how I do so with syncing Picasa in accounts settings. Which does not physically put the photos on the phone but allows you to upload to picasa and view your Web albums through the gallery without a 3rd party app.

I have it set to sync picasa and have none of my 30k+ pictures physically on the phone, just viewable through the photo gallery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87