Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos in Cloud on Gallery app?

Since space is limited on our One X's does anyone have a worthwhile solution to have handy access to all my photos stored on the cloud but accessible in the gallery app?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

30 views and no replies? Somebody had to be doing this

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Re: Photos in Cloud on Gallery app?

Not sure if it's possible to have them stored in the cloud and access them in the gallery. I use both dropbox and the Picasa Tool App to access photos.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

How do those work out for you?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Dropbox works like a charm. Every picture you take can be backed to the cloud while keeping the original in your phone. You can chose to do this via WI-FI only or WI-FI+ phone connection. You can download any picture from your dropbox account any time as well.

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can view Facebook & Picasa through the gallery
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    You can view Facebook & Picasa through the gallery

How can I set gallery to view picasa web albums?

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

As already stated, dropbox works very well. I have it on both my One X and my Transformer Tablet.

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
    How can I set gallery to view picasa web albums?
    Just have it set to sync picasa in account settings then when in gallery you hit the top left and choose picasa
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Just have it set to sync picasa in account settings then when in gallery you hit the top left and choose picasa
    but will this keep all my photos on picasa and NOT snyced to my phone?

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
    but will this keep all my photos on picasa and NOT snyced to my phone?
    Correct it will be on picasa

You probably don't want to sync Picasa. I never do. That keeps all your picasa photos on the phone and saves you nothing.

I upload to picasa from several sources, Tablet, Phone, old phone (used on wifi only), and desktop computer. The last thing I want is all those downloaded to my phone.

So I leave Sync Picasa Web Albums unchecked, and just upload the ones I want to upload. (Share, Picasa, Upload, done).

I can still view all my Picasa albums with Sync Turned off.
    In the gallery, tap Albums, select Picasa Web Albums, or Drop box, or some others that appear there.

But [HL]Syncing Picasa is NOT necessary for this, and NOT recommended if you want to save space on the phone.[/HL]

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    You probably don't want to sync Picasa. I never do. That keeps all your picasa photos on the phone and saves you nothing.

I upload to picasa from several sources, Tablet, Phone, old phone (used on wifi only), and desktop computer. The last thing I want is all those downloaded to my phone.

So I leave Sync Picasa Web Albums unchecked, and just upload the ones I want to upload. (Share, Picasa, Upload, done).

I can still view all my Picasa albums with Sync Turned off.
    In the gallery, tap Albums, select Picasa Web Albums, or Drop box, or some others that appear there.

But [HL]Syncing Picasa is NOT necessary for this, and NOT recommended if you want to save space on the phone.[/HL]
    This is not correct I have it set as I mentioned and no photos are physically on my phone.

It just allows me to view my Web albums in the gallery app

This is not correct I have it set as I mentioned and no photos are physically on my phone.

It just allows me to view my Web albums in the gallery app
    I refer you to Reno55's post at the top of this thread, where he states this is exactly what he wants.
    No or very few photos on the phone, but instant access to photos in the cloud.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I refer you to Reno55's post at the top of this thread, where he states this is exactly what he wants.
    No or very few photos on the phone, but instant access to photos in the cloud.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly and I said how I do so with syncing Picasa in accounts settings. Which does not physically put the photos on the phone but allows you to upload to picasa and view your Web albums through the gallery without a 3rd party app.

I have it set to sync picasa and have none of my 30k+ pictures physically on the phone, just viewable through the photo gallery

I use Dropbox and Google+. Both work well and are automatic.