I got att visual voicemail on my hox.

tbird

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, then, there is the definitive answer.

But you are still missing the boat going with AT&Ts third rate carrier solution rather than Google Voice.

GV is just a better solution in every way.

Sent from my HOX
Say's who? Its a matter of opinion to each user...

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
personally im a big fan of youmail.. it just works.. and the smart greeting feature is hilarious when people call

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I called tech support to finally get VVM to work on my One X. The woman told me that it wasn't working because I only had "unlimited data", so she switched me to "unlimited data with visual voicemail", and it worked immediately.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Opinion does matter!!!!!!! I used GV for a little while and did not like it, i called At&t CS today to see if i was provisioned for VVM and it still was since i came over from an iPhone. I down loaded the At&t VVM app and it works great and IMO its better than GV because all i wanted was a simple, no thrills VVM app. If you use GV and like it, so be it, if you use a different VVM app and like it, Great. Its all about what the user is looking for in a VVM app and how there going to use it.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Opinion does matter!!!!!!! I used GV for a little while and did not like it, i called At&t CS today to see if i was provisioned for VVM and it still was since i came over from an iPhone. I down loaded the At&t VVM app and it works great and IMO its better than GV because all i wanted was a simple, no thrills VVM app. If you use GV and like it, so be it, if you use a different VVM app and like it, Great. Its all about what the user is looking for in a VVM app and how there going to use it.

That's like saying all you wanted was a Yugo, so the Free Cadillac with pre-paid lifetime Gas is somehow inferior.

GV does work. That you couldn't or wouldn't follow directions is beside the point.

Your welcome to your opinion, but don't for a minute think it matters.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My vvm crashes a lot. When you're listening to a persons voicemail, press on their picture to go to their profile. Does it crash like mine?

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's like saying all you wanted was a Yugo, so the Free Cadillac with pre-paid lifetime Gas is somehow inferior.

GV does work. That you couldn't or wouldn't follow directions is beside the point.

I "followed directions" and got it to work just fine, but the transcription of my voice mails was comical and I decided too that for my purposes (and this is my opinion which is the only persons opinion that matters to me) that I preferred visual voicemail. Yes, google voice has a ton of additional features and things that can be done with it aside from voicemail, but for the purpose simply of voicemail alone I like visual voicemail.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Well aren't you some kind of a moron!!!!! I never once said GV didn't work, what I said was if someone was looking for a simple no thrills VVM app then AT&T's VVM was the way to go, and thats my opinion......Everyone has an opinion on what they like or dont like and everyone doesn't have to agree but you don't have to be an ass about it Icebag.

Your analogy of taking a Yugo over a Caddy with free gas is just plain stupid when where talking about VVM app's on a phone.

nytrus113

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like everyone can stop ing. Att visual voice mail app finally seems to be searchable by us on play store and I was able to install it without issue. Bout time this situation was resolved. Was getting sick of unreliable Youmail app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87