Samsung Visual voicemail on T Mobile

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I noticed that on S23 Ultra, there is an app from Samsung called Visual Voicemail. Does anyone know if it works with TMobile?
I have the Tmo version phone, so was wondering if anyone was able to use the Samsung visual voicemail app instead of using the tmobile Visual voicemail app..

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I noticed that on S23 Ultra, there is an app from Samsung called Visual Voicemail. Does anyone know if it works with TMobile?
I have the Tmo version phone, so was wondering if anyone was able to use the Samsung visual voicemail app instead of using the tmobile Visual voicemail app..

Yes I was able to set both up on mine. Same as yours. On my s22U I also had both working at the same time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know that green visual voicemail app was unlocked firmware and Att works but not TMO it wouldn't even show up when I put TMO sim.

I'm shocked it does for Carrier version as TMO has its own pre-install

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I know that green visual voicemail app was unlocked firmware and Att works but not TMO it wouldn't even show up when I put TMO sim.

I'm shocked it does for Carrier version as TMO has its own pre-install

Hmm. It says an error occurred, etc etc. Maybe as you said it does not work with Tmobile, which is sad. I don't use it much anyway since I barely get voicemail anymore. But wanted to see how it worked and if it worked. When I can I'll post a screenshot of the error I get. I was setting up my wife's phone today. I'll be getting mine tomorrow hopefully...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm. It says an error occurred, etc etc. Maybe as you said it does not work with Tmobile, which is sad. I don't use it much anyway since I barely get voicemail anymore. But wanted to see how it worked and if it worked. When I can I'll post a screenshot of the error I get. I was setting up my wife's phone today. I'll be getting mine tomorrow hopefully...
TMO has its own as well u can use Metro visual voicemail

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
S22U, unlocked, TMO sim (physical). no Samsung VVM available for me.

Sent from my SM-S908U1
Have you tried the following:

Samsung dialer

Keypad tab (at bottom)

Click three dots (upper right)

Do you see visual voicemail? Open it. If it does not open the native app, go to Settings > Apps > Visual Voicemail (green icon). Make sure it's enabled.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried the following:

Samsung dialer

Keypad tab (at bottom)

Click three dots (upper right)

Do you see visual voicemail? Open it. If it does not open the native app, go to Settings > Apps > Visual Voicemail (green icon). Make sure it's enabled.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app
from the Samsung dialer, Voicemail (direct dial) is available...no VVM

from the Settings and Apps, VVM (green) is not available, even when searching in system apps.

Sent from my SM-S908U1

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah no one on carrier version should see Samsung visual voicemail , it weird.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I have both, Carrier and Samsung, but since I am on eSIM (as mentioned above), the Samsung one does not work.

The T-Mobile one has always been hit and miss for me. I just tend to dial in and delete messages since I never listen anyway. If you need to leave me a message, text. All of my friends and family know that I never listen to VM. lol It's nice because they never leave one, so anyone that does, I don't want to hear it. lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This one here I never seen on Carrier version and I used both Att and T-Mobile sim going back n forth unlock firmware and Carrier.

T-Mobile unlock wouldn't even show that app, this now is Att unlock Screenshot_20230216_183451_One%20UI%20Home.jpg

suspicious_cheese

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
I got this fixed today. I have been following this thread and nothing has worked for me. I can't see the Samsung VVM, and Tmobile VVW says I need an older version. I considered even using a 3rd party solution. Decided to go into Tmobile today and glad I did. I totally expected them to tell me to kick rocks, or kick the can down the road. Neither happened.

Long story short we side loaded the VVW off a different device and installed. I am actually embarrassed that this worked, but I side load a lot on my Android TV and had no faith it would work because it stated it was because an older Android version.

I only joined today to post this in case this is a viable option or is any help for the community. If not, please ignore this post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter