Phone reached 122 degrees! Am I ok?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does it hurt the phone if my one x overheats? I know it's been asked before. The gym I work out at has a bad signal. I forgot to put it in airplane mode. So I guess it was searching for signal for 30 minutes. So I went to go check my phone it was 122 degrees. But the overheat light on the notification light wasn't blinking yet or anything.. I'm not sure if the notification light blinks red when it overheats. Does this ruin any integrity of the phone? it seems to be working fine though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I believe I read once that when the temp hits about 127-132 the phone will automatically shut down to protect itself from overheating.

It should be fine.. just don't make it an everyday occurrence.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe I read once that when the temp hits about 127-132 the phone will automatically shut down to protect itself from overheating.

It should be fine.. just don't make it an everyday occurrence.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it I figured it would be okay I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks again..

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Does it hurt the phone if my one x overheats? I know it's been asked before. The gym I work out at has a bad signal. I forgot to put it in airplane mode. So I guess it was searching for signal for 30 minutes. So I went to go check my phone it was 122 degrees. But the overheat light on the notification light wasn't blinking yet or anything.. I'm not sure if the notification light blinks red when it overheats. Does this ruin any integrity of the phone? it seems to be working fine though.

The overheat light only comes on when its puggled into a charger and the temp. go's over 118.So your one x is fine,i use to worry too but the phone wont damage itself. At least i dont think.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The overheat light only comes on when its puggled into a charger and the temp. go's over 118.So your one x is fine,i use to worry too but the phone wont damage itself. At least i dont think.

I wouldent be to sure to much overheating and you can burn out the cpu so if it gets to hot try to keep you usage to a minimal

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wouldent be to sure to much overheating and you can burn out the cpu so if it gets to hot try to keep you usage to a minimal

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

It has built in safety measures. I've had mine turn itself off because I accidentally left it charging in direct sunlight.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys. I just want to make sure it was all good to go. It. Is working awesome. I love my one x..

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, mine gets hot after 45mins of dead trigger. Battery app says 108*. So I stick it in the freezer for 5mins. Back to 80* lol

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, mine gets hot after 45mins of dead trigger. Battery app says 108*. So I stick it in the freezer for 5mins. Back to 80* lol

You might actually ruin it though do to sudden change in temp.. crack screen etc. Your better off turning ur off. Thanks though. Lol

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You might actually ruin it though do to sudden change in temp.. crack screen etc. Your better off turning ur off. Thanks though. Lol

I thought about that. The screen the foggy also. I've switched to the fridge for 10mins :)