AT&T reps aren't very smart...

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I called trying to get an issue resolved with my One X and they not only asked me to remove my back cover and battery and then when they were explaining my replacement they said it wouldn't come with a battery or back cover. Wow.

Anyway does anyone know if phones that come from ATT for warranty will come with the 1.85 firmware? I miss rooting and the new firmware broke my Wi-Fi

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

xartic1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Of course most aren't very intelligent that's why they are a rep. It's common practice for them to say that since they don't know if every phone that att sells has a removable battery or not.

Since the update has been released, it's hard telling what they will send. Most likely the latest update to play it safe with the software bugs.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If you've ever seen a call center, you'd already know that lol. Some call centers are full of ex cons that are brought by bus. Some are just high school kids and the elderly.

And I've called AT&T 4 times the past 2 days about some issues and get heavy accented people. I asked one of he was Filipino (because I am and know the accent) but he said he's not allowed to disclose it lol. Shop is safe to assume they have a specific script in each dept, and they're loading it up when they say to hold because the "computer is booting"

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
You can always ask to speak to someone with more knowledge than them (aka tech 2 I believe). I've done this in the past and have been transferred with no problems. They still use the script cards I think but they actually know what they are talking about four the most part and can think for themselves.

Swyped from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It kind of makes me sad that this happens in att. I am a rep at a store and I try my best to be as informed as possible to help out my customers. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

As far as if it comes with the firmware I am not sure to say the least. I am going to assume yes only because if memory serves me right that firmware has been out for a little bit. Should be long enough for the replacement stock to now be shipping with it. But I could be wrong on that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2