How are you all protecting your camera len's.?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Since my last phone had a full coverage case,meaning the phone plus a little plastic protector cut out for the camera,do you guys think it would be a bad idea to cut out a round small one of a brand new zagg shield hd screen protector to place it on the camera.? I've been using the zagg hd since day one on my screen and it looks fantastic,but my camera is open to the harsh weather and mystic abundances on this earth(its a joke aha). So i was thinking "hey,if this is super clear on my screen,and i dont wanna spend a fortune replacing the entire phone cause the camera got scratched,why not spend $27 to ensure it doesnt get scratched and save extra cash in the long run.? " Any feedback is welcome.

On a side note,i didnt have the quote on quote coversation with myself,i just thought that in my super awsome brain. Ahaa..

Thanks guys.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, any case you get will add enough thickness to take less pressure against the camera... One thing I noticed is that the metal ring around the camera is slightly protruding past the lense... I haven't gotten a scratch yet myself.

But if it's REALLY important, then I would say go for it, get that invisishield

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm to be honest I have not really thought about it yet.
I don't really like putting things on my phones but do cary a micro fiber cloth with me and wipe my phone every time I'm done with it.
But you bring up a good point with that camera lens.

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ah, i see. I was assuming you had a naked phone or had a case that wasn't thick enough that it shielded the protruding lens. but. that. is. not. the. case.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just use some random case and lay my phone on it's screen. :)

With the case adding a layer of protection around the screen, I just lay it flat on the table with the camera facing upwards.

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Speck Candyshell case. Its made from plastic with an inner silicone layer that's all one piece and helps a lot. Its raised up just enough over the camera to protect it and not add anymore bulk to it. It can also protect the front when you lay it screen down. Its added a little bulk to it, but like said any case will do that. My main gripe was the sharp edges the HOX had on the sides. I dropped my HOX on concrete a few days after I put this case on! :eek: It scuffed a corner but the phone was fine. Also the back of this case is a scratch magnet. But at least its the case and not the phone.

If you do get it make sure you want it because its a PITA to get back off. :banghead:

netu4u2e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a casemate barely there case...or something like that. It pretty much brings the rest of the phone flush with the camera. I dig it because it's barely there.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

eaglespeed

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
hahaha I though I am the only one who does that, but to me it seems to best way, cutting from zagg or phantom skin but normal screen protectors normally get scratched, now I have the HTC one, and I kinda thought that its glass is made of gorilla 2.0 or something so I didn`t pay much attention to it, but it seem to me its going to scratch or have small dents. I have ottorbox commuter which provides a sufficient protection over surface and in empty pocket.