Stock Browser Crashing

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had the stock browser just shut down for no reason? Mine has done it another of times over the past couple of days and I have installed chrome as a back up.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the data for the app from SETTINGS-APPS. Should clear it up for a while, but Chrome is a better solution :).

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, stock browser will crash occasionally, and i suspect it is related to corrupted cache, because most of the time you can simply clear cache and it works fine. I also don't discount the possibility of dodgy websites or advertising sites attempting to use exploits, and the stock browser is programmed to just shut down rather than hand over the keys to the castle.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Stock browser has been flawless for me. Started using it because chrome freezes /crashes after the official update :(

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
How would they have dumped the stock browser since it's still on our phones?

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Sensation but my browser crashes CONSTANTLY. There is no session I start without the browser suddenly just disappearing a couple of times. There is nothing wrong with the pages since if I restart the browser and go back where I was it works fine. I would love to change to FF or Chrome but the built-in HTC bloatware means that I am forced to double the space taken up and I have so little space on my phone...a measly 1 gb total for HTC--even things that supposedly install to card leave a big footprint sometimes on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress