HOX Reliability

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my HOX since a month after launch (actually on my second one since the previous had issues), I came from 5 years of BlackBerry use and was used to, most of all, reliability. With my HOX, I feel like I'm constantly having issues holding a signal, receiving emails on time, etc. Anyone else have similar feelings? I think I've convinced myself to buy the Nexus 4 in hopes of gaining some of that reliable feeling back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had the bb pearl, curve, javelin, torch and tour. They were all reliable yeah. My HOX is no different though.

You're issues seem service related. It happens. If you disagree, replace it and ask for an HT25 and up serial number.

I don't understand what makes you think the LG is more reliable.....

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
My international HOX has had no problems holding a signal in weak areas.

Even in areas where the homeowner couldn't hold a signal (aluminum siding house) I had no problem.
Driving around in Upstate New York (pretty much the boon docks, by any definition) I would run out of
AT&T Cell coverage, but so did every other phone in the car.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
When I go into a bad signal area and come back to good coverage, I'm able to call/text and have no data even though I show service. I've read that rooting and doing something with the modem helps this but I really hate that I have to do this.

Also, I've noticed in good coverage areas, I'll lose service for no reason, prompting sometimes multiple restarts.

I guess I'll try my luck with a nexus 4 and if I have issues, I'll wait for BB10. Really loving android so I hope I don't have to leave it behind.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I get better coverage at home on my One X than I did with my other phones. Usually hovered between 1 bar and no service, but now maintaining 3, sometimes dipping to two, and rarely one. Had for two months. HT23 model.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann