Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pretty bad battery life on 1X+ vs my 1X

I could easily go through the day with moderate usage on my One X. 1 exchange account, 1 hotmail and my gmail, all set to push. With G+, and some other stuff doing background tasks.

Here I am with my new One X+, with roughly the same set up, a bigger battery, new optimized 4+1 core which makes that 1 core do most of the mundane work when the app requirement is low and yet I lose 30% from when I go to sleep to when I woke up. 30%!

Then, I don't even use the phone at all, it's sitting on my passenger seat and when I get to work, I check it and it's at 14%!

I've checked all the usual suspects, brightness, location, etc. Even all my apps are using less than 5%, but "Android OS" was up there at like 80%.. So I let it completely drain and am recharging it now to see if it can recalibrate the battery.. that's just insanely low battery life..

Anyone else experiencing bad battery life? I dont want to wipe the phone, but I will.. seems silly since I've not really done anything with the phone cept install some apps(same apps from my One X)
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Post Re: Pretty bad battery life on 1X+ vs my 1X

I've noticed on my 1x that the android os usage was 80%+ when not doing anything except checking mail every two hours and it drained my battery from 100% to almost nothing in less than 8 hours and that is with less than 5% actual screen time. The rest it was just sitting there, doing its thing. I also tried it with sync and all data (cell, wifi) completely off and had nearly similar results. --I have since rooted and installed cm10 and have noticed better battery time when not using it at all.

Edit for grammar and clarification
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

Default Re: Pretty bad battery life on 1X+ vs my 1X

When you got the new One X, did you go thru and disable all the bloatware that you had previously disabled on the One X?

Lots of usage showing up as Andorid OS is an indication that some tasks in the background is being launched by the OS and chewing up the battery.
    Look for things using your radios, by checking the Usage under More... in the Wireless & Networks section in the settings. Look for things using data.

Oh, and don't forget to go into your Apps and shut off everything you don't use by disabling it. (Don't forget that "Rescue" backdoor that HTC snuck onto the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just noticed that Google Currents was chewing through some data, even though I told it to update only on WIFI.. pretty odd, not sure if that's a bug or not, but I disabled it from doing background updates.

I expected BETTER battery life on the 1X+.. I just went through and disabled all the AT&T bloat, so we'll see how it goes.

Sniffs: File a bug report with Google about currents.

Oh, and don't forget to set auto brightness on. It saves a lot.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat...I just returned a HOX for the HOX+ and so far the battery life isn't better at all. I'm going to keep an eye on what apps are running, such as all that ATT crapware.
    Right now, its on the charger, and I'll take it off when it gets to 100% then let it sit through the night to see what happens. I hope this is truly something that can be fixed with an update, but isn't that power saving core supposed to be taking care the battery? 2100 mah battery, all radios on, auto brightness and manual sync, I should be able to get through the day without a charge....we shall see

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    When you got the new One X, did you go thru and disable all the bloatware that you had previously disabled on the One X?

Lots of usage showing up as Andorid OS is an indication that some tasks in the background is being launched by the OS and chewing up the battery.
    Look for things using your radios, by checking the Usage under More... in the Wireless & Networks section in the settings. Look for things using data.
    My android os has been in the 70-80% range on every battery run I have had. It is tough to narrow it down to what exactly is causing it through. I am seeing the android os as staying awake for 9hr of my 12hrs of battery life. Overall my data usage is very low for all of my apps. I will see if I can find some better battery monitor apps tonight.
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Like this phone but might have to return it due to battery issues. Noticed my battery draining quick too. Last night I let it drain all the way then charged to 100%. After 5 hours of sleep, I awoke to see charge dropped by 10%. Usage showed android os 56% and next was maps at 13%. That's a pretty quick drain in standby. Then very ligh usage on wifi and 2 hours later I am sitting at 74% charged.

Got rid of the weather widget and didn't get better. Lost 6% on standby in 2 hours. Half the battery is drained on very light usage, no calls, only some email a few texts and reading news, 5min on Granny Smith game, all data on wifi. At this rate it wont last a day while hardly being used. Is that normal for htc?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Is this with NFC turned off? The battery isn't stellar, by any means, but certainly adequate for a smartphone of this size in my opinion.

I have one push account, and a couple of others set to pull hourly and I use Pandora and run some games and it does alright for a day.

Edit: After 4.5 hours, OS is at 13% usage.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Sparkius; 11-20-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkius View Post
    Is this with NFC turned off? The battery isn't stellar, by any means, but certainly adequate for a smartphone of this size in my opinion.

I have one push account, and a couple of others set to pull hourly and I use Pandora and run some games and it does alright for a day.

Edit: After 4.5 hours, OS is at 13% usage.

My NFC was off the whole time. For me the OS was always the highest percent in drain. Turned off sync, apps... Felt like I did everything I could. I ended up returning it today... Liked everything about the phone except for the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by pkwiat View Post
    My NFC was off the whole time. For me the OS was always the highest percent in drain. Turned off sync, apps... Felt like I did everything I could. I ended up returning it today... Liked everything about the phone except for the battery.
    I feel I'm in the same boat as you, what phone did you switch to?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Planning on Note2 with an outside chance of Nexus 4 (need to read some battery reviews first). I woulda went with Note2 today but att store didn't want to price match Amazons $249 price. For now I am still using my old phone (iphone 4s)

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Don't tell me that!!!!!!! I'm getting mine today in the mail!! Then again it can't be worse than my inspire can it? I listen to my music at 100% 4 hours later 53
    WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MY ONE X PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Don't tell me that!!!!!!! I'm getting mine today in the mail!! Then again it can't be worse than my inspire can it? I listen to my music at 100% 4 hours later 53
    WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MY ONE X PLUS
    I had a inspire and this is pretty bad and I can seem to find a fix.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

(copied from the other battery thread incase you all don't read both) See my android os is still crazy high, like 75%+. So I did some research last night and installed these two apps to monitor what is going on in my phone for a couple of days: (i am in no way affiliated with these developers and there is a lite version of watchdog)
    1: BetterBatteryStats
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbatterystats
    2: WatchDog Task Manager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zomut.watchdog

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Update on usage- My day typically starts at 5am and that's when the phone comes off the charger at 100%. I'll check social networks and news sites while on wifi for about 15-20mins. Then I'll stream Pandora for about 1.5 hours. After that, I'll use a few apps, off and on till about 3:30 before seeing 30% remaining. A mid/late afternoon charge gets me back to 100% and even with heavy usage at night, I won't get below 30%. Like others have said, the battery life isn't stellar but at no time do I find myself worrying about not making it to a charger. Power saver is on, all radios except GPS on, NFC off. Auto sync for Google (Contacts, Calendar, GMail). Weather widget on with "my current location" checked.

So far I love the features of this phone and the rubbery finish. I'm glad I returned the HOX for the HOX+.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by mrbro0ks View Post
    I had a inspire and this is pretty bad and I can seem to find a fix.

Better yet, I ran down my Inspire's battery with 1 1/2 hours of playing a game.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

So I noticed that when I rebooted my phone, apps still had a crazy long uptime. So I went in and disabled "Fast Boot" which is enabled by default.

After that, I rebooted and it's like a clean boot now.

Best part? Android OS now about 5% and I'm at 11 hours with 89% battery life left..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    So I noticed that when I rebooted my phone, apps still had a crazy long uptime. So I went in and disabled "Fast Boot" which is enabled by default.

After that, I rebooted and it's like a clean boot now.

Best part? Android OS now about 5% and I'm at 11 hours with 89% battery life left..
    Dam it, wish I tried that before returning mine. But, if that solves it... it is absolutely ridiculous that "fast boot" is NOT disabled by default.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by pkwiat View Post
    Dam it, wish I tried that before returning mine. But, if that solves it... it is absolutely ridiculous that "fast boot" is NOT disabled by default.
    Go get the One X+ again and test it! I agree, that it shouldn't be enabled by default. Especially since on the One X, there's a warning that says it might not play nice with market apps. That same warning is not on the One X+

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Lmfao yes I can do the same the only way I found it cookers let was root and flash a custom from without sense. Let me tell you I have liked sense. Just couldn't handle the battery drain. But this new phone holy on a stick. I took it to work played with it off and on listened to about 20 mins of music. Then I got home played a game for 2 hours. I it was at 48% after all of that and I had a graphically intensive game. This games so big it requires a full gig of data. Modern combat 3 had no lagg. I'm falling in love

MY ONE X PLUS IS GIVING ME A *****!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Lmfao yes I can do the same the only way I found it cookers let was root and flash a custom from without sense.

Ok, could you run that by me in ENGLISH one more time?

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

I had the one x and now the +. I love the black finish. Battery life is better and might be outstanding. I'm just not sure yet. This phone is definitely much better then the s3.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by vamp07; 11-22-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Oh dear. I seem to have issues with the auto correct lol. Hasn't learned my texting habbits yet. No the only way I found it barible was to root. Then flash a different Rom without sense. But this. Version of sense is much better @).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pretty bad battery life on 1X+ vs my 1X-uploadfromtaptalk1353622342125.jpg