HTC One X Wifi problem (not the hardware issue)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine's the opposite, work and everywhere else is fine, home is not. Home is WPA2-PSK with AES encryption, work is WPA-PSK, my parents is probably WEP.

So there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've been in my office for 90min and it's already started. I love the phone, but I don't think it can last all day on LTE only and I can't be tethered to a wall. I may have to start thinking of looking elsewhere.

araenel

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have not had the problem at all for the last few weeks, but I didn't change anything or update my phone at all

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Aidan Scremin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem with wifi in general. Not at a specific location. It says it's connected but nothing loads no matter which settings I change around, yet my galaxy tab works fine on the same router

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Haven't found anything yet. Still have to turn wifi off and on occasionally to re-connect. Works fine all day at the office, but not at home.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No one has been able to identify it yet. I'm hoping that if we ever see the JB update (and in turn, the freezing of hell), that it might fix the issue.

Spyd77

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two One X (PJ46100), both have problems with WiFi connections at home.
I have two APs at home, one LinkSys and one Comtrend, both wifi-N, both same config and WEP security. Problem seems to appear more times on the Comtrend AP, but maybe it's because is the one that is most used.
Phones are also upgraded to lastest software (3.16.75.2 - Android 4.1.1).
Both phones are from the same batch.
Usually, turning off wifi and turning it on again fixes the problem, but there are times when the phone gets stuck trying to turn off the wifi, then the only way is rebooting the phone. After rebooting (and/or turning wifi back on) all works great until the next hang.
Phones aren't rooted and while mine is full of apps, the other one has the basics (Whatsapp, G+, and two banking apps), and both fail the same.

Op3Ra7Or

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It's all about the update. After you update your phone with the last version (in my case 3.18), the WiFi link speed is low (11mbps). I've tested with three OneX! All three had no problems before updating to the last version. Last night I updated the 3rd phone. Before update, knowing about the problem I had with the other two phones, I made some internet tests (HD YouTube, Speedtest, and so on); everything was fine. Exactly after the update, the phone has full WiFi connection but the link speed is low and the internet speed gets stuck. There is no way to downdate your software... only if you have S-OFF, or installing a custom rom. By the time HTC will take into consideration that the problem it's really there, we will have another phone :) and forget about OneX.

Abraham Sacdalan

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I also think there is something wrong and I don't understand. I know it's not my NETGEAR Router because since I've had the HTC EVO and HTC One X everything has been great - speaking in terms of WIFI that is. I think I also remember, it was about the time the HTC ONE X software upgrade came out and now I'm constantly getting booted on and off the WiFi; so annoying. I don't know what the problem is, or if there is just some glitch in the phone, but please HELP, I'm sick and tired of trying to find out what's wrong!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smiley_Topcat

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
With me this purely came from the update to 4.1.1. My WiFi works for about 30 seconds then I just get network error despite having fill signal.
I?ve been in contact with HTC for a couple of months now trying to sort the issue out but they will not admit that it is an update problem and are more interested in me sending the handset to them for a nice charge of ?25. I?ve asked if it is possible to re-install the system update as it appears to have glitched and they replied with the following: -
Regarding the rolling back the update, it is possible, but I wouldn't recommend that, and it's called Bootloader unlocking, and it nullifies your warranty (for further details, please visit Welcome to HTCdev).
So basically they are telling me that I can try and fix my phone but they cancel my warranty or I can send it to them and pay ?25 and they might not be able to fix it. Nice customer service HTC. Although I?m sorry that others are having this problem it is comforting to know that I am not on my own. I?ve told HTC to cancel the ticket and I will go back to EE and get a new handset off the insurance.

PlainVanilla

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
We have 2 HTC One X phones in the house. One works fine with our WiFi network, the other one does not. The updates installed on both phones are the same. Problem is one of them eats our data usage. We have had this problem for about 3 months now, and there seems to be no solution in sight.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty