Stuck on "HTC quietly brilliant" screen after attempt at flashing CM10.1

sherminator1995

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first post here, and this is a bit of an emergency

I've rooted and flashed ROMs onto Android phones before so I'm not a complete n00b; at one point I was flashing different ROMs onto my HTC Incredible S weekly just to try them out.

Recently, I've got my hands on the HTC One X, and I decided to put CM10.1 onto it. I followed the instructions to unlock bootloader and install CWM here (pointed from XDA-Developers), and I followed the instructions to install a nightly CM10.1 build here at IBTIMES. Everything was going perfectly fine, until I rebooted and was left stuck at the "HTC quietly brilliant" screen for over 10 minutes. After around 15 minutes, I decided to reboot to bootloader, flash my Nandroid backup and start fresh (like I've done before with my IncS a few times).

However, the nandroid restore was also stuck at the boot screen for 15 minutes as well. I then tried the instructions here at SmartPhoneJam to get out of the logo screen. No progress.

I've tried everything: wiping cache, dalvik cache, system, data, fastboot cache, flashing a "stock" boot.img (which may have been quite old) and trying to install the ROM multiple times. I can't even access my phone's storage due to the bleedin' non removable storage or through CWM for some reason (I made sure to update to 5.8.somethingorother: the one which apparently fixes that problem).

Should I see some other logo besides the HTC logo when CM10.1 boots up? Should it actually take that long and have I messed up by restarting the phone at that point?

TL;DR: HEEEELLLP!!

Thanks in advance!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, first use the one x toolkit to install twrp... It's much better than cwm and has been supported for our device for a longer period of time...
but make sure you install twrp 2.3.x.x version, the newer 2.4.x.x versions have bugs.

Do you have the one XL? Evita? Or the international?

sherminator1995

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I resorted to full RUU reset after loads of trying, but I still would love CM10.1 on my 1X. I'm in the UK so I think it's the international version (16GB for some reason, but it was cheaper). It says "endeavoru" at the top of the HBOOT, so I'm guessing that's the model ID.

I tried once again to install CM10.1 but with the same outcome. This time I backed up the boot.img from the stock on my PC so it saved me a lot of headache, but it was still disheartening.

It's not that I can't install ROMs. I just installed the same ROM I had on my IncS, without problems. It's just CM10.1 that's giving me problems.

I'm off to bed now, but, tomorrow after school, I'll try with TWRP.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just as a heads up, most people on this forum (actively at least) are running the one XL (Evita)... anyone trying to give you links or directions, make sure you pay attention to their signature or links to make sure it is the right stuff... don't want to brick your device! Haha

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash the boot.img for it?

Agreed. Probably 1.14+ HBOOT and will require flashing the boot.img separately. If you can boot the phone, boot it up and get the flashgui app. Use that app to flash the rom zip, reboot to recovery and flash the rom zip there. Until you get your Hboot downgraded, you will have to flash the kernel (boot.img) manually immediately prior to flashing the rom in recovery,.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Probably 1.14+ HBOOT and will require flashing the boot.img separately. If you can boot the phone, boot it up and get the flashgui app. Use that app to flash the rom zip, reboot to recovery and flash the rom zip there. Until you get your Hboot downgraded, you will have to flash the kernel (boot.img) manually immediately prior to flashing the rom in recovery,.

You don't need to downgrade hboot any longer... just do S-OFF, it's easier and you don't have to flash boot.img anymore... I'm hboot 1.14 with s off and I can flash radios, splash screens, and any rom/kernel without flashing boot.img

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer