notifications change on jellybean?

Tracy Ann

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Does any one know how to set different text notifications for different contacts?
I used to use go sms pro but AT&T told me with the new jelly bean operating
system that u can do it but I cannot figure it out. Any help?

Thank you in advance.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Handcent SMS? If you send somebody a text with it then you can go is up upper right hand corner I think or click on the Settings individual settings and you can apply a different text message tone to each person. I'm on jelly bean with my 1x in use Handcent and don't have a problem. You have to go under notification settings for each individual and then I'll ask you which tone to use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Tracy Ann

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes and it's horrible. It and go sms pro both messed up my phone by not allowing me to receive texts all the time sometimes they would stop coming in until there were so many at which point I'd get 5-10 at once

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You must have a problem, I have been using Handcent for over a year on my one x with no problems at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You must have a problem, I have been using Handcent for over a year on my one x with no problems at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I agree. Bennett using Handcent more years and no problems. I would try uninstalling all messaging apps. And use the stock for a few days. See if you get text messages right away. If you are, then your phone is acting up with Handcent or go sms.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums