Phone Music Through Car's Bluetooth?

indiesinger

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I'm pretty tech-savvy, but Bluetooth seems to have completely passed me by. Particularly when it comes to cars.

So I have a HTC One X. I've just got a new car which has Bluetooth so that calls automatically come through the car's speakers.

What I want, is for my the music on my phone to come out of the car speakers (via Bluetooth). But I'm stuck as to how to make this happen!

When the phone and the car are paired and I play music, the music just comes out the phone.

The car has no "aux in" plug.

Any help is very gratefully received!

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If the radio's BlueTooth connection does not support A2DP, you may be out of luck. BlueTooth is a standard in constant evolution, and there have been a few revisions with added functionality since it's inception. Typically, car dealership personnel are very knowledgeable about their car radios' capabilities. I suggest you get help from someone next time you go in for service.

indiesinger

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah, helpful. Thank you. I've no idea if it supports A2DP so I guess that's a question for a garage. It just had a service last week, so that's annoying! The car was made in 2008, so it might be too old to cope. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699