Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 757
Like Tree406Likes
  1. #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Stop complaining.


    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    Why? He's right.
  2. #52  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Why? He's right.
    So 40 million plus people bought a cheap plastic phone for the hell of it right? Lol Samsung is doing a great job and that "cheap plastic" doesn't not feel bad whatsoever.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    Thanked by:
  3. #53  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I know this is EXTREMELY difficult for a lot of people to understand, but try to stick with me here for a sec.......Plastic does not always equal "crap". I know it FEELS cheap, but it isn't always the case. The S3 kicks the shiz out of almost every single HTC phone ever made, and it's plastic. The HTC ONE will be freaking awesome, and the One X+ was on the same plane as the S3. There's no way that 40 million people would not only buy, but love their phone if it was a cheap piece of trash.

    Everyone's favorite pasttime is to dog on Samsung, but it's tough for you to get a decent analysis of their product when you are lightyears behind. They have a lot of weaknesses and problems, but their flagship devices are almost never one of them. Glock uses polymer to make their guns. Everyone called it the "plastic gun" when it came out, and now the majority of worldwide law enforcement and military officials carry Glock. It is trusted, dependable, and it is quality. Nothing to shake a fist at. Don't fall into the same trap of assuming all "plastic" is "crap".
    I was trying to stay out of this one but comments like this one remind me why I appreciate what HTC has been doing.

    I remember last years HTC One X/S announcement, their video footage describing the very meaning of their product, manufacturing process, and attention to details. I remember how excited I was to check it out, but waited for expected Samsung's SGS3 announcement weeks away. And the announcement came...
    I remember watching Samsung's live keynote, and wondering if it was a joke? Everything about that keynote was weird, off, screaming lack of creativity. It felt forced, poorly rehearsed. Especially after witnessing simplistic HTC's event weeks prior introducing their beautifully designed products. But right away I could tell that Samsung doesn't care about throwing their money left and right for their marketing... That stage was so unnecessary huge that it reminded me of propaganda from communist Soviet, or WWII German era... Their product was clearly not nearly as special as they were trying to make it look like.

    Fast forward to fall of 2012, and Samsung's GS3 has been introduced on every single operator globally, their ads are still airing on our networks, and most americans think that's the best Android phone ever created. HTC completely failed to invest and market their brand, their superior One X hardware was released on only one US carrier, average americans don't even remember or care about HTC brand. They have been forgotten. HTC has been doing so poorly that they've completely removed themselves from Korean market, unable to compete.

    Samsung completely dominated the Android market by sheer brute force of their advertising $$$, and by building a product that undoubtedly brings them higher margin than HTC, since they've used much cheaper materials, off the shelf battery, etc...
    Lets just hope and pray that HTC comes back and reinstates themselves as a strong number 2 competitor, since at this point there is only Samsung, and the "rest" in Android market. Competing is the only way innovate.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Thanked by:
    Sir1 
  4. #54  
    SpiralBorg's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Hope the HTC One will succeed, had good memories of the HTC Touch HD. For me, HTC always made great, solid devices, though recently, have been obliterated by devices in the vein of the S3, and so on. Hope it succeeds, but what worry me, is the Galaxy SIV, a stellar line of phones, and don't think it would disappoint. Hope both succeed, in the end.

    Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by SpiralBorg; 03-01-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    I`m alive
    PittsPgh likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    So 40 million plus people bought a cheap plastic phone for the hell of it right? Lol Samsung is doing a great job and that "cheap plastic" doesn't not feel bad whatsoever.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    Not for the hell of it, but yes. Samsung's marketing was the best from anyone last year, including Apple's. They did two important things with that marketing, get the name out there and position themselves as the anti-apple, the company you "root" for if you hate Apple. This along with having one phone distributed worldwide, and that it had every feature available, is what made it a success.

    One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people don't care so much about quality as they do about features. You see this alot in the "PC vs Mac" thing where people who buy macs argue about how much better it is and the pc people talk about how much of a rip-off it is because they can get the same features for half the price. The GS3 is packed with features, and that is a huge selling point when they can say "The GS3 can do that AND it can also do this" when compared to other handsets, but when the quality is questioned you get "The screen looks fine" or "It doesn't feel that bad" which is harder to quantify in comparison. No question the screen on the One X is better than the GS3, but quantified how much better is it? Same with the design.

    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I was trying to stay out of this one but comments like this one remind me why I appreciate what HTC has been doing.

    I remember last years HTC One X/S announcement, their video footage describing the very meaning of their product, manufacturing process, and attention to details. I remember how excited I was to check it out, but waited for expected Samsung's SGS3 announcement weeks away. And the announcement came...
    I remember watching Samsung's live keynote, and wondering if it was a joke? Everything about that keynote was weird, off, screaming lack of creativity. It felt forced, poorly rehearsed. Especially after witnessing simplistic HTC's event weeks prior introducing their beautifully designed products. But right away I could tell that Samsung doesn't care about throwing their money left and right for their marketing... That stage was so unnecessary huge that it reminded me of propaganda from communist Soviet, or WWII German era... Their product was clearly not nearly as special as they were trying to make it look like.

    Fast forward to fall of 2012, and Samsung's GS3 has been introduced on every single operator globally, their ads are still airing on our networks, and most americans think that's the best Android phone ever created. HTC completely failed to invest and market their brand, their superior One X hardware was released on only one US carrier, average americans don't even remember or care about HTC brand. They have been forgotten. HTC has been doing so poorly that they've completely removed themselves from Korean market, unable to compete.

    Samsung completely dominated the Android market by sheer brute force of their advertising $$$, and by building a product that undoubtedly brings them higher margin than HTC, since they've used much cheaper materials, off the shelf battery, etc...
    Lets just hope and pray that HTC comes back and reinstates themselves as a strong number 2 competitor, since at this point there is only Samsung, and the "rest" in Android market. Competing is the only way innovate.
    That's one of the things that bugs me about Samsung when compared to other manufacturers. Companies like Apple, Sony, HTC, and even Motorola seem as though they have a vision of the kind of product they want to create and have a head engineer/designer on the same page and creates it, where as Samsung just seems like the people in the boardrooms tell the engineers what to make. Best analogy would be the stereotypical t.v. show, where you got people from the network telling the writers to do this or that because audiences love it.
    DeadpoolJunior likes this.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Stop complaining.


    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    Why are blind Samsung fanboys allowed to post in the HTC section?
  7. #57  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    I'm blind because I've had about 5 HTC devices and they were all sh.it and I'm just supposed to have faith in HTC all of a sudden? Uh no. Not how it works.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    Thanked by 3:
    johnriii and EllyBean like this.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    And in faaaarrr from a fanboy considering I've had Apple, Samsung, Sony, HTC, and Motorola devices.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    satannik likes this.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Not for the hell of it, but yes. Samsung's marketing was the best from anyone last year, including Apple's. They did two important things with that marketing, get the name out there and position themselves as the anti-apple, the company you "root" for if you hate Apple. This along with having one phone distributed worldwide, and that it had every feature available, is what made it a success.

    One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people don't care so much about quality as they do about features. You see this alot in the "PC vs Mac" thing where people who buy macs argue about how much better it is and the pc people talk about how much of a rip-off it is because they can get the same features for half the price. The GS3 is packed with features, and that is a huge selling point when they can say "The GS3 can do that AND it can also do this" when compared to other handsets, but when the quality is questioned you get "The screen looks fine" or "It doesn't feel that bad" which is harder to quantify in comparison. No question the screen on the One X is better than the GS3, but quantified how much better is it? Same with the design.



    That's one of the things that bugs me about Samsung when compared to other manufacturers. Companies like Apple, Sony, HTC, and even Motorola seem as though they have a vision of the kind of product they want to create and have a head engineer/designer on the same page and creates it, where as Samsung just seems like the people in the boardrooms tell the engineers what to make. Best analogy would be the stereotypical t.v. show, where you got people from the network telling the writers to do this or that because audiences love it.
    Thank you!!! The only reason Samsung is doing well is because of there advertising(which IMHO, is no where near the quality of Apples marketing)
  10. #60  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    And in faaaarrr from a fanboy considering I've had Apple, Samsung, Sony, HTC, and Motorola devices.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    But you are defending Samsung like its a gods gift when all they are good at is advertising.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    But you are defending Samsung like its a gods gift when all they are good at is advertising.
    So your saying the ONLY reason Samsung sold 40 million s3s is due to marketing? No flippin way. PART of the c reason was. Samsung makes a Damn good product. So if you wanna call me a "fanboy" because I like their products then by all means, go right ahead.

    Sent from my Sammy Device.
    The Hustleman and johnriii like this.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    But you are defending Samsung like its a gods gift when all they are good at is advertising.
    Not any different than how you defend HTC. The GS3 isn't a bad device at all. It is, in fact, better value for the money than the #1 selling smartphone on the market. I've yet to hear anyone besides people on these boards cry about the build quality or screen of their GS3. Nothing about the One X was a huge standout for the average customer, and that is who is important in the grand scheme. Was the screen better? Could be, if you preferred that tone. But screens are very subjective. Was it built better? If you like the unibody setup then yes. However If you valued lightweight then no. The GS3, though plastic, isn't a cheap feeling phone compared to a lot of what's out there. It did also deliver a ton of enhancements that were percieved value adds for customers. You don't move that many units on TV ads alone. It happens when your users are the ones convincing friends and family that they need one too. The argument that only advertising won the battle is bunk. It helped, but Sammy delivered a top notch phone that flat out beat HTS best offering where it mattered.

    This year may be different, but at this point, HTC has a long way to go to get to a position to step into the ring with Samsung and compete for best selling Android phone.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Not any different than how you defend HTC. The GS3 isn't a bad device at all. It is, in fact, better value for the money than the #1 selling smartphone on the market. I've yet to hear anyone besides people on these boards cry about the build quality or screen of their GS3. Nothing about the One X was a huge standout for the average customer, and that is who is important in the grand scheme. Was the screen better? Could be, if you preferred that tone. But screens are very subjective. Was it built better? If you like the unibody setup then yes. However If you valued lightweight then no. The GS3, though plastic, isn't a cheap feeling phone compared to a lot of what's out there. It did also deliver a ton of enhancements that were percieved value adds for customers. You don't move that many units on TV ads alone. It happens when your users are the ones convincing friends and family that they need one too. The argument that only advertising won the battle is bunk. It helped, but Sammy delivered a top notch phone that flat out beat HTS best offering where it mattered.

    This year may be different, but at this point, HTC has a long way to go to get to a position to step into the ring with Samsung and compete for best selling Android phone.
    Spot on and people also like to forget that the One X was plagued with hardware and software issues on a widespread basis. For example, the lack of multitasking, poor battery performance, lag with sense, poor radio performance, and lack of update to jellybean. By and large the S3 had no major widespread issues and received jellybean rather quickly.
    johnriii and EllyBean like this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Samsung sold 40mil GS3s because of AVAILIBILITY. When your phone is on MULTIPLE carriers and available to everyone, its very easy to market that product.

    It wasn't just Samsungs marketing. Its the fact that you would see the commercials, and be able to go to any carrier and get that phone, along with the fact it was a stellar phone and in my opinion I don't mind the "plastic" feel of the phone, it doesn't bother me much. But now you have the HTC One with its more premium look and feel, to go along with its feature set which doesnt match Samsung but should be fine. I feel like if HTC markets it right, and ppl visit Sprint, Tmo, and ATT stores to play with the phone, they'll fall in love with its look and feel. Look and feel is half the battle as well, and HTC does that better than ANYONE.
    go3go likes this.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I was trying to stay out of this one but comments like this one remind me why I appreciate what HTC has been doing.

    I remember last years HTC One X/S announcement, their video footage describing the very meaning of their product, manufacturing process, and attention to details. I remember how excited I was to check it out, but waited for expected Samsung's SGS3 announcement weeks away. And the announcement came...
    I remember watching Samsung's live keynote, and wondering if it was a joke? Everything about that keynote was weird, off, screaming lack of creativity. It felt forced, poorly rehearsed. Especially after witnessing simplistic HTC's event weeks prior introducing their beautifully designed products. But right away I could tell that Samsung doesn't care about throwing their money left and right for their marketing... That stage was so unnecessary huge that it reminded me of propaganda from communist Soviet, or WWII German era... Their product was clearly not nearly as special as they were trying to make it look like.

    Fast forward to fall of 2012, and Samsung's GS3 has been introduced on every single operator globally, their ads are still airing on our networks, and most americans think that's the best Android phone ever created. HTC completely failed to invest and market their brand, their superior One X hardware was released on only one US carrier, average americans don't even remember or care about HTC brand. They have been forgotten. HTC has been doing so poorly that they've completely removed themselves from Korean market, unable to compete.

    Samsung completely dominated the Android market by sheer brute force of their advertising $$$, and by building a product that undoubtedly brings them higher margin than HTC, since they've used much cheaper materials, off the shelf battery, etc...
    Lets just hope and pray that HTC comes back and reinstates themselves as a strong number 2 competitor, since at this point there is only Samsung, and the "rest" in Android market. Competing is the only way innovate.
    If you don't think the GS3 IS one of the best ever, you're up in the night. Every tech website i follow said it was phone of the year, but here on HTC's threads, everyone says it's a cheap crap phone that only succeeded cause of advertising. I'm seeing a pattern here..........I think when Phil and other website admins use every phone for the whole year and say the S3 is the best, i believe them.

    If HTC is too stupid to tell people about their device, then that's their fault. Samsung isn't supposed to hide in a cave until HTC wakes up. They could make the greatest device on the planet, but if it's only available to 20% of the market, what good does that do me? I'm not switching carriers for some HTC device. Their only claim to fame has been beats. They are just now getting the hint with the new One, but hopefully last year's 403 "One" devices haven't caused too much confusion already.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    johnriii and EllyBean like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    The pattern is that, typically the best phone out that sells the most is the phone that gets hated on. Even amongst Android lovers, we divide ourselves more and more. Samsung users are looked at in the same vein as iPhone users on some forums. I love Samsung, have used the Vibrant and GS2, never even owned an HTC phone but love their hardware and have always wanted to make one my daily driver. If I didn't have the Nexus 4 now with its guaranteed updates, id be chomping at the bit to get this HTC One. I hope it succeeds though because I'll perhaps consider getting the HTC flagship phone of 2014 if I get tired of my Nexus4 by then (seems unlikely so far though).

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #67  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    The pattern is that, typically the best phone out that sells the most is the phone that gets hated on. Even amongst Android lovers, we divide ourselves more and more. Samsung users are looked at in the same vein as iPhone users on some forums. I love Samsung, have used the Vibrant and GS2, never even owned an HTC phone but love their hardware and have always wanted to make one my daily driver. If I didn't have the Nexus 4 now with its guaranteed updates, id be chomping at the bit to get this HTC One. I hope it succeeds though because I'll perhaps consider getting the HTC flagship phone of 2014 if I get tired of my Nexus4 by then (seems unlikely so far though).

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I think the One looks awesome. And i'm not going to pretend that the GS4 is automatically better. I LOVE Samsung, but not more than Android. Whichever phone is best is what I'll get. I just wish people who are fans of other phones weren't so ridiculous about the S3 just because they're offended that no one talks about their Evo. Both are great, neither are cheap.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    DeadpoolJunior likes this.
  18. #68  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Show me an HTC phone that can do more out of the box (or even the same) as the note or gs3 and ill admit to HTC being superior but they don't have one.

    The dna was a joke, HTC focuses too much on aesthetics and screen quality (which they do have the best of on any phone) but that's where their superiority ends.

    How about coming with some new features?

    Making your batteries removable (battery loses charge like all phones, especially HTC does your whole phone is bad because of it) makes more functional sense than a pretty design.

    Making a high powered smartphone with only 16gb and ZERO expandable storage while giving it the best looking screen is counterproductive.


    Why not pay attention to what samsung is doing.

    The next HTC phone (if they're smart) will have the following

    1. Incredible screens that they are known for
    2. High capacity battery (think RAZR MAXX) that is user replaceable
    3. MicroSD card slot
    4. Minimum 32gb on board storage
    5. An overall beautiful device (like the one or the droid DNA, or the black one x, the white one is ugly as is the evo lte)
    6. Higher build quality (can't tell you how many charger ports from HTC that were poorly installed that needed to be resoldered
    7. Some innovative features like samsung did
    8. Great advertising
    9l. Get the same phone on all carriers


    THEN I can see HTC beating samsung since then they would have the all around best phone, but they love to sacrifice things and make trade offs.

    Just come with a no compromise smartphone powerhouse and be done with it

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    EllyBean likes this.
  19. #69  
    cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,709 Global Posts

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    The key thing here is nothing to do with the devices - it's that Samsung will simply outspend HTC - the last HTC super-phone was comparable but to the contemporary Samsung model and was well reviewed but HTC simply don't have the financial fire-power to compete with the Samsung water-hose. That is what happened last time:

    "The market changed," says Jason Mackenzie, HTC's president of global sales and marketing. "There's far fewer consumers who are going into the retail stores undecided about what they want to buy.

    "Most of our research suggests about 70% of consumers are walking into the store already knowing what they want to buy... so we don't have the luxury in a significant percentage of times to be able to actually put the HTC One in the consumer's hands." If this analysis is correct it all comes down to marketing - a problem for HTC which admits its budget is about a sixth the size of its South Korean rival.
    "We cannot market like a Samsung - or Apple - where you've just got brute force tactics, carpet bombing the airwaves with TV commercials," says Mr Mackenzie.
  20. #70  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    946 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Won't happen. Samsung had multiple SKUs of the Galaxy S2, didn't even have one on Verizon in the US, and still destroyed HTC back then. Samsung had a different phone for almost every carrier with the Galaxy S I and it was probably the buggiest, most ill-performing, laggiest phone ever released as a flagship and Samsung still destroyed them. If HTC couldn't do it when Samsung was basically doing exactly what HTC was doing, and releasing IMO much worse devices (outside of the screen and battery sizes), then they aren't going to achieve that now.

    The One X was supposed to be that. It flopped. The Note 2 and GS3 are still outselling the DNA on Verizon. The GS4 will still outsell the HTC One, because Samsung has brand recognition beyond anything HTC could dream to have (HTC was only really super popular among enthusiasts, anyways, until they started locking their boot loaders).

    This is the phenomenon that HTC (and Nokia, and Motorola, and Sony, and LG, etc.) has to overcome: When people buy an iPhone or Galaxy S device they are much more likely to buy the next iPhone or Galaxy S device when the upgrade is released. I haven't seen this happening with HTC, Sony, LG, or Motorola to the extent that it happens with Apple or Samsung. HTC still is releasing too many phones too fast, causing their users to feel gipped. They released the One X, then the X+, then the DNA, now this?

    Apart from the S3 and Note 2 Samsung hasn't obsoleted any of their flagships the way HTC has, and that's just the way it's going to be until the Galaxy S4 releases, and likely afterwards. Their release cycles give users a sense of security and confidence in their purchase decisions, and also keeps the resale values of their phones higher than HTC devices because the phone isn't "old news" a few months after it's on the market. I can't consider an HTC One because for all I know the HTC One+ is probably going into production for release 3 months later, anyways... Once that happens, you can pretty much take an instant $50+ off the resale price cause anyone you try to sell to, unless they're desperate, will simply say "well they just released an upgrade, I'll just get it on contract and ETF it later for less than you want to sell it for, good luck."

    Lastly, HTC is pretty bad at marketing and they have never - not to my recollection - aired a commercial or ad that actually caught my attention and stuck on my mind. In fact I cannot remember the last time I seen an HTC commercial (i.e. not a AT&T or Verizon commercial, but one from HTC themselves) here.

    Samsung putting the same phone on every carrier has little to do with the success of their devices. They've been doing well since the first GS device (which was pretty bad). It's cause they built up a decent reputation with their users and know how to sell their products - similar to Apple. Even if each carrier had a different GS3/Note 2 SKU they would likely have still sold just as many as they have. It's not a big deal to the average consumer. What is a big deal is that whey someone says "Galaxy S" or "Samsung" those people think more highly of those brands than "HTC" or "One," which many people probably have no clue exist at this point, cause they've never really heard of them.

    The lack of SD card is an issue for heavy media users, though, and it's sad that HTC is incapable of putting a slot on the side of their devices like Motorola does, or under a decent port like Sony. Really at this point they should be giving users every reason to consider their devices. Obsoleting someone's high capacity SD card doesn't do that. Embedded batteries I can deal with as long as the battery life is decent, and especially if they ship a rapid charger with the device (like Sony did with the Xperia ion), but lack of SD Card slot is too much of a hassle. It's a deal breaker. It's like buying a PC with no external ports or drives and only a 64GB Hard Drive. There is not much I'd be able to do with something like that after a couple of months use.
    Thanked by:
    Love Divine and EllyBean like this.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    A lot of people are missing the point. It's all about marketing and availability. That is why Samsung destroyed HTC saleswise. That is the only reason. The two phones themselves are extremely comparable. Neither stands heads and shoulders above the other. If you claim that, you're a delusional fanboy. n8ter#AC brings up a good point - Sammy won bigtime with the original GS, despite it being buggy as hell, and Touchwiz being legitimately terrible. They've won a tremendous mindshare in recent years. It started with the GSII's well-deserved success; they've since capitalized on that bigtime. When people want Android, they immediately think Galaxy and Samsung.

    The SLCD2 was, objectively, a better screen than the HD AMOLED (you can measure screens objectively based on their ability to reproduce as close to real-life as possible). It had much better auto-brightness, and destroyed it in daylight visibility. If you put the two screens in front of the average consumer, I bet it would've come out on top. Yet average consumers don't know this. They do, however, know about the SIII's gimmicky photo software features, for example. It's HTC's fault for not marketing their equally good product and getting its name out there. Samsung added those features, many of which are near useless, just to have an advertising edge. S-Voice is 100% undeniable proof of this. People look at that and see it as a plus. HTC has legitimate pluses in their court as well, yet nobody knows about them.

    Also, it needs to be available literally everywhere like the SIII was and is. If your only option for top-end handset is on some regional carrier is the SIII, guess what you're gonna get.

    Above all, it must be noted that forum users are not the average consumer. They don't care about removable batteries or SD card slots. What they know is what they've heard on TV and from their friends, and possibly the ATT rep. And so far, HTC hasn't given them a whole lot to go on.
  22. #72  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Will the real delusional fan boy please stand up? Samsung didnt need to release a GS3+ to correct the glaring deficiencies and down right f-ups that HTC did with the One X and One X+.

    The GS3 is clearly head and shoulders above the One X. Sammy got it right the first time AND then marketed the hell out of it.
    The Hustleman likes this.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    If you don't think the GS3 IS one of the best ever, you're up in the night. Every tech website i follow said it was phone of the year, but here on HTC's threads, everyone says it's a cheap crap phone that only succeeded cause of advertising. I'm seeing a pattern here..........I think when Phil and other website admins use every phone for the whole year and say the S3 is the best, i believe them.

    If HTC is too stupid to tell people about their device, then that's their fault. Samsung isn't supposed to hide in a cave until HTC wakes up. They could make the greatest device on the planet, but if it's only available to 20% of the market, what good does that do me? I'm not switching carriers for some HTC device. Their only claim to fame has been beats. They are just now getting the hint with the new One, but hopefully last year's 403 "One" devices haven't caused too much confusion already.
    Of course I don't think it's the best ever. It's a phone that had great spec, but then other phones around that time had the same exact spec as well. The design language and materials used for that phone is not even close to being the best ever... Lets be real here.
    If HTC advertised their One series the way Samsung did, had it on all carriers, and Samsung spent as little as HTC for marketing, you'd be singing a different song now.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
  24. #74  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    htc one & Galaxy are best becuse they have 4
  25. #75  

    Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Will the real delusional fan boy please stand up? Samsung didnt need to release a GS3+ to correct the glaring deficiencies and down right f-ups that HTC did with the One X and One X+.

    The GS3 is clearly head and shoulders above the One X. Sammy got it right the first time AND then marketed the hell out of it.
    Ok, please stand. We're waiting

    What "glaring deficiencies and down right f-ups" did the One X have in relation to the SIII that were fixed with the One X+? A better screen, the same battery life and the same chipset? LOL get outta here. How exactly is the SIII "head and shoulders" above the One X? And "need" is a strong word. The One X+ is a perfect example of HTC's blunders - oversaturating with devices that only cloud consumers. They do it every year, and last year was no different. Nobody thinks it needed to come about. Sammy had a comparable device that succeeded due to superior marketing.
    go3go likes this.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will The HTC Evo Shift Be Getting JoyOS?
    By megaghostgamer in forum HTC EVO Shift 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 04:19 PM
  2. Will the HTC Sensation 4G be rooted/jail broken anytime soon?
    By SirMario in forum T-Mobile HTC Sensation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
  4. Coming from the INC this will be a welcomed asset
    By MotoDroidx17 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
  5. Anyone know when the charging dock will be available?
    By Theodore55 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

B