HTC flashlight

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One comes with a preinstalled "widget? flashlight not an app. Look within the widgets.

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

Came with an app too on my unlocked edition. AT&T and Sprint just removed it on their version because they're bastards.

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually Sprint had this on their phone. My unactivated HTC One had several OEM apps until I had it activated. Then the One "dials home" and installs all the carrier bloat/apps including Sprint Voicemail, Sprint ID (base package and skin), Sprint TV, etc. I've never seen a carrier activation change a device as much as this one did. HTC did some pretty slick imaging tools. And it almost appears as if you took the device and activated it on another network (radios and SIM allowing) that your device would be reprovisioned at that time with whatever custom carrier software was packaged for imaging for that network.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed power toggle so I can have toggles to WiFi, airplane mode, etc on the notifications drop down. It has a toggle for flashlight so it works well to night need another app and I can access it from every screen since only have to swipe down.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Nice setup! What battery monitor are you using there?

Eman79

May 13, 2013
Visit site

gamorg02

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I loved this flashlight on my old EVO. I had installed it on my EVO LTE thru HTC Hub. But now I got The New HTC ONE. I tried this install, the "3 light settings" but is not working for me :(
It only stays one light setting...

take a look here, worked for me!

My AT&T HTC One didn't come with the HTC flashlight app, but I found the APK for the international version, installed cleanly on my One with no issues.

(Link I found on XDA) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xl6r31a3f3d7zg/Flashlight_4.5.2312261521.535443.377886.apk

evolvetek

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. What ffng else did they remove at provisioning? Mail and Tasks widgets or perhaps the equivalent "App" for BlinkFeed? HTC did this for Calendar, and TV, but nothing else?! Has anyone discovered how in the ff to get Mail and Tasks to show in BlinkFeed? Elsewhere other than going to the standalone apps themselves?

Actually Sprint had this on their phone. My unactivated HTC One had several OEM apps until I had it activated. Then the One "dials home" and installs all the carrier bloat/apps including Sprint Voicemail, Sprint ID (base package and skin), Sprint TV, etc. I've never seen a carrier activation change a device as much as this one did. HTC did some pretty slick imaging tools. And it almost appears as if you took the device and activated it on another network (radios and SIM allowing) that your device would be reprovisioned at that time with whatever custom carrier software was packaged for imaging for that network.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Official HTC Flashlight with 3 light settings from the HTC EVO 4G and it works very well

Download Link
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19129766/com.htc.flashlight-2.apk

Quick question - When I launch the flashlight app a message pops up that says:

"Tap the button to cycle through the flashlight brightness levels."

I assumed that meant tap the button on the flashlight that shows up on the screen when the app is running, however tapping that button did nothing. The only other button I could think of to adjust the brightness was the volume rocker but that didn't work either and pressing any of the other buttons would cause some other function that has nothing to do with adjusting the brightness of the flashlight (i.e. the power button would turn off the screen, the home button would bring you back to the home screen the the back button would exit the app so does anyone know how to adjust the brightness on this flashlight? Do you in fact tap the button on the flashlight and mine just isn't working or does it not work at all and there is only one level of brightness even though it says there are three?

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I assumed that meant tap the button on the flashlight that shows up on the screen when the app is running, however tapping that button did nothing. The only other button I could think of to adjust the brightness was the volume rocker but that didn't work either and pressing any of the other buttons would cause some other function that has nothing to do with adjusting the brightness of the flashlight (i.e. the power button would turn off the screen, the home button would bring you back to the home screen the the back button would exit the app so does anyone know how to adjust the brightness on this flashlight? Do you in fact tap the button on the flashlight and mine just isn't working or does it not work at all and there is only one level of brightness even though it says there are three?

Tapping the power button on the flashlight toggles through the different brightness levels for me.

Serb_Hawk

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Omg thank you so much! Just like the one from evo, its official. The third party ones in market suck, have ads, go out and cant minimize them so ty so much!!! @Bduran727

oneblackhand

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I use power toggles for the flashlight almost every morning. Works well.

1 word of caution: if you turn on the flashlight with power toggles, make sure to turn it off there. I used the power button to turn off the led, but it kept sucking battery as if it were on full blast. Went.

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

HTC ONE Flashlight: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19129766/Paid%20App%27s/Flashlight-com.htc.flashlight-528000110-v5.0.2411163113.713373.590581.apk

skarekrow

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik