"Invalid Connection or MMI Code Error" on HTC One and other thoughts

ravikiran34

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I got my HTC one yesterady. The build quality of this phone is amazing. But, there are a few things that annoy me with this HTC Sense version - I'm hoping someone has a solution to these

1. When I check my data usage - on the dial pad I select *328 and then select the result "AT&T View Data Usage [*3282#]". Then it will say USSD code running, after that I get an error message "Connection problem or invalid MMI Code." I also see the message that "...A message will be sent to your phone". I am still receiving the message with my data usage, but the invalid MMI code is annoying. Has anyone faced this issue and found a solution for it?
  2. When I select the phone icon from the dock, it always shows me the "Last Call" I have to scroll to the right to get to the call history - Does any one know if there is a way to make the call history as default selection?
  3. Next one is about the dock icons. It seems like I can only change these icons from if I'm in the App Drawer. If I'm on one of my home screens and move the dock icon to the screen, the icon gets duplicated on the screen and the dock icon remains.
  4. BlinkFeed won't be as bad as it is made to be if you can select which feed you can see at what position. For example, I added my Calendar app to the feed, but to get to that I've to scroll down couple of pages. It would be nice if I can see my Calendar as soon as I log in into my phone.

Overall I feel like HTC itself is holding back this beautiful phone with their crappy software.
Thanks

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I got my HTC one yesterady. The build quality of this phone is amazing. But, there are a few things that annoy me with this HTC Sense version - I'm hoping someone has a solution to these

1. When I check my data usage - on the dial pad I select *328 and then select the result "AT&T View Data Usage [*3282#]". Then it will say USSD code running, after that I get an error message "Connection problem or invalid MMI Code." I also see the message that "...A message will be sent to your phone". I am still receiving the message with my data usage, but the invalid MMI code is annoying. Has anyone faced this issue and found a solution for it?
  2. When I select the phone icon from the dock, it always shows me the "Last Call" I have to scroll to the right to get to the call history - Does any one know if there is a way to make the call history as default selection?
  3. Next one is about the dock icons. It seems like I can only change these icons from if I'm in the App Drawer. If I'm on one of my home screens and move the dock icon to the screen, the icon gets duplicated on the screen and the dock icon remains.
  4. BlinkFeed won't be as bad as it is made to be if you can select which feed you can see at what position. For example, I added my Calendar app to the feed, but to get to that I've to scroll down couple of pages. It would be nice if I can see my Calendar as soon as I log in into my phone.

Overall I feel like HTC itself is holding back this beautiful phone with their crappy software.
Thanks

1. The code is *3282# so just try dialing that and you should get the text with no error.
2. I believe pressing the menu button while in the phone app allows you to re-arrange the tabs, not sure if the default screen can be changed. Maybe it just opens the last tab you were on?
3. With sense 5 you can only change the apps in the dock from the app drawer and not the home screens.
4. Not sure on this one. Maybe with an update they'll over more customization but as is it's all together or from a specific source.

Glad you're enjoying it!

ravikiran34

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. On 1, dialing the code won't throw the error. Wish it works with just selecting the code. Didn't have any problems with one X+ that my wife is using.

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. Maybe a glitch in sense 5, seems they decided to switch up some things

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

RAMRAJ

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Invalid Connection or MMI Code Error" on my unbranded tab

Hi,

What should be done to get the mmi code error corrected?