Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BCinMD
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Phone Dialler Favorites

Maybe I'm missing something but in the stock dialer with the HTC One I have created some favourites. When I click on the favourite, I want it to dial their mobile number. I have set the default action to "call mobile" but each time I tap the favourite it just brings me to a profile card with multiple numbers / email address/ birthday etc.

I dont want to speed dial. Hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts !

D

Default Re: HTC One Phone Dialler Favorites

You have to long press and then the option comes up where you can dial. I don't think it will just automatically dial. I could be wrong though but not my experience.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    You have to long press and then the option comes up where you can dial. I don't think it will just automatically dial. I could be wrong though but not my experience.

I'm a bit bummed that it won't just automatically dial the number. I want it to be a one-touch operation.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

A workaround is to create a page or folder of "Direct Dial" which is in the shortcut widgets. That allows you to assign a single number. Not perfect... but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathomblipoob View Post
    I'm a bit bummed that it won't just automatically dial the number. I want it to be a one-touch operation.
    Download a different dialer or contact app.

Quote Originally Posted by damienorourke View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but in the stock dialer with the HTC One I have created some favourites. When I click on the favourite, I want it to dial their mobile number. I have set the default action to "call mobile" but each time I tap the favourite it just brings me to a profile card with multiple numbers / email address/ birthday etc.

I dont want to speed dial. Hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts !

D

Long press the contact on the favorites page then select "set default action" from there you can set the action to be whatever you desire including a one press dial.

You could also set speed dials old school. Assigned by long pressing a number on dial pad.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ianb007 View Post
    Long press the contact on the favorites page then select "set default action" from there you can set the action to be whatever you desire including a one press dial.
    I've tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything. After I've tried setting that, when I look at the contact detail, under "default action" it shows 'call'...but when I select that contact from contacts or favorites, it still just brings up the contact details page for that contact and I have to press the phone number to get it to dial. So I can't figure out how to actually trigger that default action??

Quote Originally Posted by BCinMD View Post
    I've tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything. After I've tried setting that, when I look at the contact detail, under "default action" it shows 'call'...but when I select that contact from contacts or favorites, it still just brings up the contact details page for that contact and I have to press the phone number to get it to dial. So I can't figure out how to actually trigger that default action??
    Same here. Seems a bug.

It could be a bug, but I always chalked it up to a contact with more than one phone number prompting the dialer to confirm with you first which number you wanted to call. You should be able to set a dedicated number for one-touch dialing as previous stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    It could be a bug, but I always chalked it up to a contact with more than one phone number prompting the dialer to confirm with you first which number you wanted to call. You should be able to set a dedicated number for one-touch dialing as previous stated.
    That would be OK, I guess, but it doesn't call contacts with a single number either. It would appear that the default action has some purpose, but isn't being activated by clicking a contact. What purpose would the defualt action be if not for purposes of activating when the contact is clicked?

I didn't have any success using favorites to auto dial either. But I was able to set a Quick Dial shortcut on a home screen to work.

I went ahead and installed the free Contacts+ and Dialer+...and so far, they are exceeding my expectations! All of the weaknesses in the stock dialer and contacts are remedied with these two apps. Note that you can't use Dialer+ alone... it requires Contacts+ to be installed). There is a capability in Contacts+ plus for text messaging as well, but I disabled that - just didn't see the point. But there are a ton of options for tweaking how these apps work, and like I said, so far so good.

I miss the little android pic you'd get when a contact didn't have a picture. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BCinMD View Post

Yeah that seems to be a bug in Sense 5.0 on The One.

Direct dial works one day then another day it stated app not installed on my HTC one. I can remove the shortcut then reinstall it. Same thing keeps happening. Please help.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I have been using the EXdialer app.. works great...

except I hate the menu bar..

I emailed the developer but no reply or update

if any body finds a good dialer app without the menu bar .. please advise

Thumbs down Re: HTC One Phone Dialler Favorites

Confirming that this is a bug. Tried it many different ways, but default action on the contacts widget is broken. Any workarounds?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

My solution to this was using Action Launcher. I made a phone shortcut in my dock, then transformed it into a cover with direct dial widgets. Tap the icon for the dialer, swipe up or down for the list of quick direct dial contacts. Works awesome.