Facebook bugs - "Authorize HTC Sense"

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the built-in HTC Sense Facebook app? I tried to log-in to FB upon getting my HTC One today and it keeps putting an "Authorize HTC Sense - Tap to try again" message in the notification screen. When I tap it, it takes me to FB, where I get an error message at the top and a blank FB page. I tried logging out and logging in, and restarting the phone to no avail.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked if there is an upgrade for Facebook? I think I had that problem when I uninstalled the FB updates, so maybe you need to go to the play store and update.

Be warned, if you use the facebook app, your gallery will show a bunch of facebook pictures. Using the browser version won't.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked if there is an upgrade for Facebook? I think I had that problem when I uninstalled the FB updates, so maybe you need to go to the play store and update.

Be warned, if you use the facebook app, your gallery will show a bunch of facebook pictures. Using the browser version won't.

You can hide them in the gallery if I recall correctly.

Posted via Android Central App

Jexex

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
You need to go into Settings>Accounts & Sync>Facebook then check that one of the boxes are checked (I unchecked Contacts and Calendar and checked Live Feed). Then pull up the drop menu at the top and select Sync Now.

If it works you should see Blinkfeed changed (if you select the view Facebook from BF's drop menu). If it doesn't work you'll get a red icon pop up next to the checked boxes in the Facebook setting of Accounts and Sync.

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For FB Gallery issue:

Do not logout of FB and Go to > Settings > Apps > Facebook
Click Force Stop and then click Disable
Wait for 10 secs and click on ENABLE.
Now to go Gallery and check the Photos will vanish

Njoy....

Hit THANKS if it helped :p

penegue

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have this problem with my new One. Tried all suggestions that I could find on the web... BlinkFeed doesn't show FB updates and I have a nagging notification that just will not go away. "Authorization problem. Tap to try again"

• Changed my FB password
  • Downgraded FB app
  • Upgraded FB app (after first downgrading it)
  • Disabled FB
  • Cleared data and cache
  • Ensured FB account gives access to Apps and that HTC Sense is in the list
  • Ensured FB account has Platform turned on
  • Ensured FB sync settings have checkboxes checked (except sync contacts)
  • Probably something else that I may be forgetting...

Anyone with any other ideas?

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting this a lot lately. I usually ignore it for a while, then I clear in in app settings later. It doesn't seem to effect anything.

penegue

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
decypher44, yep, I am referring to BlinkFeed. I am not sure if I would use it, but I want to try to use it and see how I feel about it... Also, it really bugs me that I can't figure this out and that I have an annoying notification at the top of my phone that won't go away, on a top of the line phone I've been waiting so long to get. That's all :)

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh, ok. Thanks for the response! Ya, I use Blinkfeed like once every few weeks. And it's never for FB stuff. Still, it would be nice to know why it happens.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now this IS a problem for me. Because of this issue, my calendar will not sync with FB calendar. I tried just about everything I've read to get it working, but no luck. I'm so frustrated! I actually rely on FB's calandar to sync quite a bit.

Anyone have any other ideas?

AndroidOnwer

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Fixing the ?Authorize HTC Sense? notification on HTC ONE, July 19, 2013

Like many of you, I've been plagued by the "Authorize HTC Sense" notification. The only way to stop the notification was to LOG OUT OF Facebook when I logged on via the app; or delete myFacebook account from the BlinkFeed App settings. But that means I couldn't really use Facebook without the annoying "Authorize HTC Sence" notification in my face all the time.

Before I came to this forum today, I also had my HTC Firmware updated as well as Facebook app updated and still couldn't escape the "Authorize HTC Sense" grasp.

After having read people?s suggestions on this thread, I actually combined some of their suggestions and below is what I did to finally get rid of the ?Authorize HTC Sense? notification FOR GOOD and still be able to use Facebook both via the app and BlinkFeed.

On my PC:
1. Log onto Facebook.
2. Go to Settings, Account Settings and Apps on lower left.
3. Turn on Application Platform. (Note: There are warnings about other people having the ability to take your data/info with them via apps. I Edited it and unchecked all boxes. That?s just my preference.)
4. Log out of Facebook.

On my HTC ONE:
1. Got to Settings, Apps, and select Facebook. Clear data then Force Stop. There?ll be a warning about the app not working right.
2. Restart my phone.
3. Log onto Facebook app.
4. The ?Authorize HTC Sense? notification appears.
5. Select ?Don?t Sync Contacts? (my preference), then tab [OK]
6. Facebook appears and the ?Authorize HTC Sense? notification disappears.

THEN on the BlinkFeed (Home Page), IF you want to be able to see Facebook updates. If not, don't worry about the below:
1. As long as you are logged in using the Facebook app, and when you select Facebook in BlinkFeed, you will see the updates. If you are not logged onto the Facebook app, then there will be no Facebook updates (pictures) on BlinkFeed even when you select Facebook.
2. Someone mentioned they want to sync their Facebook calendar, when you are on the App "configuration" in BlinkFeed, you see Facebook as an option. Check the box and you can touch the Settings icon (a gear) to check or uncheck Calendar, Contacts and Live Feed for synchronization.
3. Once some sort of sync has happened, you'll see your Facebook account name under the Facebook option in Services section.
4. Of course you'll need Live Feed sync checked to see Facebook updates on BlinkFeed.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I combined them to help resolve the issue for me. Hope this helps you also! :)

:):cool:

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually did all that last night, but still no-go. I can get blinkfeed and contacts with no errors. My problem is when I try to set Calendar, it errors out.

Great advice for others, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress