Email fit to screen?

porthos7

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Could someone tell me how I can get the NON gmail email accounts to fit to screen when I open them. I would like to be able to see the entire message when opened. Found the way in Gmail settings, but am having trouble locating in NON gmail accounts.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can with the stock Email app. The only non-gmail account I have is Yahoo so I downloaded Yahoo Mail and use that instead. You can fit to screen and I actually like the UI better than Gmail.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the 4.2 update to gmail this was a problem that I had with my gmail and .me accounts. Unfortunately after trying many different apps in the playstore I was unable to find a app that would do this. You could however have your other email account forward your mail to gmail. And then have it all in one place.

Posted via Android Central App

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Could someone tell me how I can get the NON gmail email accounts to fit to screen when I open them. I would like to be able to see the entire message when opened. Found the way in Gmail settings, but am having trouble locating in NON gmail accounts.

Go into gmail settings, then general settings, make sure the box that is listed as "auto fit to screen" is checked...and there you go

porthos7

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, did that for the Gmail settings... was trying to do the same for the "other" accounts - can't find anything!

- - - Updated - - -

That might be a good option... thanks!

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The latest version of k9 email does this fine!
You should give it a try

Nexus 4

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The latest version of k9 email does this fine!
You should give it a try

Nexus 4

I was about to download it since I read about all the new changes/features but the description says it doesn't support EAS. I only have a gmail account for the Play Store and my personal one is a custom domain as a Microsoft account.

Does K9 use push for Microsoft accounts? It supports IMAP Idle but I think it's not as battery efficient as push with EAS.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I was about to download it since I read about all the new changes/features but the description says it doesn't support EAS. I only have a gmail account for the Play Store and my personal one is a custom domain as a Microsoft account.

Does K9 use push for Microsoft accounts? It supports IMAP Idle but I think it's not as battery efficient as push with EAS.

I am not sure if you are referring to an exchange account (or) the regular Hotmail account. Exchange works just fine (but stock email does a better job). With regards to Hotmail account it supports pull (pop3) alone at this time. So yeah push is unsupported :(

But the UI has been significantly revamped and the two main features that I've longed for... are now available

-auto fit to screen
-email thread view

I've been using the app for close to 5yrs and I've been happy... Although.. I do agree that you have to carefully configure the polling to prevent excess battery drain.

Nexus 4

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if you are referring to an exchange account (or) the regular Hotmail account. Exchange works just fine (but stock email does a better job). With regards to Hotmail account it supports pull (pop3) alone at this time. So yeah push is unsupported :(

But the UI has been significantly revamped and the two main features that I've longed for... are now available

-auto fit to screen
-email thread view

I've been using the app for close to 5yrs and I've been happy... Although.. I do agree that you have to carefully configure the polling to prevent excess battery drain.

Nexus 4
Outlook.com/Hotmail regular accounts and custom domains can be configured as Exchange Active Sync accounts using m.hotmail.com as the server. What do you mean by "Exchange works fine"? Will I get push if I configure my account as EAS?

I guess I'll have to try it but I want to know in advance.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Outlook.com/Hotmail regular accounts and custom domains can be configured as Exchange Active Sync accounts using m.hotmail.com as the server. What do you mean by "Exchange works fine"? Will I get push if I configure my account as EAS?

I guess I'll have to try it but I want to know in advance.

What I meant was a normal exchange server based setup (typical corporate email account setup). I am not sure about the one you are referring to since i have not tried it myself.

Nexus 4

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The weird thing with the stock email app is that if you rotate the phone to use it in landscape mode it will fit the content/images to the screen when double tapping something inside the email. In portrait mode, it will try to fit it but most of the time you won't see all the content in the screen as it is supposed to work.

For senders that I know I can't fit well while in portrait, I rotate my phone to have it fit right. Luckily they are only a few of them in my case.