Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink Geez, am I the only ONE to like... no LOVE BlinkFeed?

I'm not a modder, a rooter, a gamer or a coder.
    I'm a reporter, a news junkie and... OK, I'll admit it ... LOVE BlinkFeed.
    It gets my Twitter feed, my Facebook stuff, news I care about, presents it very attractively and updates with one swipe.
    Click through to the news it collects and the type is nice and big for my tired old eyes, and ... oh yeah, I probably can get 2-3 DAYS on a charge if I let it go down. Sure, I don't game, or get tons of calls, and maybe I live in an area with good cell coverage. But I damn well love the phone, even if I don't go modifying a lot of it, and ... BlinkFeed is a big reason why.
    So am I all alone? Ah, so what if I am. HTC was thinking of ME with this thing, and ... I say my third HTC phone (Desire, then Inspire, now One) is the charm;-0)
    "All I ever needed, was the One..." --Elton John

Default Re: Geez, am I the only ONE to like... no LOVE BlinkFeed?

No you are literally the only person to love BlinkFeed.
    decypher44 likes this.

Well, while I don't LOVE blinkfeed....I find myself addicted to it. I check it while on 4G, 3G, Wifi, and even roaming when I possibly can. Honestly, Blinkfeed is a good read, but I would have preferred it as a stand alone app (widget) as opposed to taking up a home screen.
    Thanked by:
    Xsie 
    netcub and Xsie like this.

Blinkfeed is.... AWESOME.

I think people should stop hating on it. Yes there may be people who really will never ever use it, and should have the option to completely disable/remove it. But if you're not so picky you can just set another home screen.

Personally I love love love going to my Blinkfeed every now and then, and reading a quick article about some latest tech stuff... then going about my day Blinkfeed is WONDERFUL!

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I like blinkfeed also. It's fun to scroll through it and I like having the information I like to read about. I stand alone app would have been nice, but if they did it that way, I don't know if I would read it that much. I had flipboard on my other phones but rarely used it. Having the information right there in front of me when I unlock my screen makes it easier to grab my attention, I guess this was HTC's intention.

I enjoy it. It will be better when you can more news ssources, but so far I enjoy it. Plus, it's only a swipe to the left in order for you to get*rid *of it. Although not totally.

I really enjoy it. It's a great feature. Didn't think I would.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I hate it that I love it so much. i don't use the fb or twitter as much as i use it for sports info. All my sports info right there.

I am a news junkie, so I like it. To be honest, I moved it from the home screen and forget it's there, so, by the time I think about it, there are tons of new articles. It's great!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Love Blinkfeed, but I was a heavy user of Friendstream on the EVO 4G. I only have twitter and fb setup in Blinkfeed and it works great!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I will admit that I LOVE blinkfeed as well. It's how I get almost all my news now.

ROM
    ViperOne

I like it a little bit more since it grew on me but I wish I could set it as a home screen in other launchers.

Love is a strong word... I would say I have a strong positive impression of BlinkFeed. I skipped VisageTome and only have Twitter and tech news on it, it's pretty fun.

Count me as someone else who is surprised to really love it too. HTC's attempts to have a central hub have all failed miserably for me in the past, so I was all set to shove it to the side almost immediately, but before long it became the first thing I check when browsing on my phone!

I also appreciate my appointments showing up on it as well as the occasional Google Now type card. It really is nice to see a mix of social networks, news, and personal events all together without having to jump from app to app to app. I've always thought that was one of the biggest strengths of Windows Phone, some of their live tiles do a great job of letting you see lots of things in one place and avoid app hopping, and now on the HTC One I'm getting something very similar. :-D

And OP: Going from Desire => Inspire => One makes it almost sound like you're on a religious quest! ;-)
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...
    The Real X Dawg likes this.

I enjoy blinkfeed. However, since I use Nova launcher I have set up blinkfeed as short cut so it acts like an app now. I just deleted all the other pages so when i hit it I go right to blinkfeed.

I love blinkfeed to. I think it's probably one of the most unique useful functions implemented into a phone. I check it every time I use my phone and am as addicted to it as I am flip board. So much so that when I inevitably switch phones to a nexus 5 I'll miss it very much
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I like Blinkfeed quite a bit, I only have it set to my Facebook and Twitter feeds (along with my Calendar) but it really helps me to keep up with them, especially Twitter. And it is a very nice looking interface too.

Like it a lot and check it a few times throughout the day. My family likes it also.
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...

Its nice but I wish I could make it go away.

I don't have a One for personal use yet, but I got a bit of hands-on time, and to quote SeanBlader above, I was left with a "strong positive impression." It won't be my daily driver, but I am a fan.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I always root my devices and usually end up with an aosp based ROM or sometimes miui. I must say, I love blink feed and will use this device stock for a long time lol . I was one who said that I would hate it and remove blink feed as soon as possible. All they need is some more sources and it will be even better. I never thought I would be a fan of sense so much. Crazy!

I love Blinkfeed, I use it multiple times a day. Great App.
    karmamule likes this.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I am enjoying it as well for the time being. It looks good and is very useful. I do wish there was a way to get rid of it..but I end up rooting and using alternate launchers anyways.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I can't imagine using a phone without it! I would love it even more if they give us a couple extra homepages! 5 just isn't enough!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I'm getting use to it. I forget to check it out sometimes, for I'm using apex launcher. But when I do use it, I think it's pretty neat.
    Don't think I'd go as far as saying love tho. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast