Problem with HTC ONE web browser...Need Help!

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks,
I'm using the web browser that comes loaded onto the phone. (HTC browser, not Chrome) I use the navigation bar that's at the bottom of the screen and have customized it with my bookmarks. Issue that just started yesterday: For some reason it started opening my bookmarks in a separate window, now includes an advertisement at the bottom, and has an "X" up at the top right to close out the session. It no longer opens my bookmarks in the browser itself. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, know how to get it back to normal? I've reset the browser to defaults and it's stll doing it. Literally just started yesterday. I also can't toggle from left to right in the navigation bar either. Again, this is only affecting the navigation bar at the bottom.

Can you view my screenshot attachment? If so, you'll see that it's opening a separate window with the advertisement at the bottom and the X at the top right.

Any suggestions to get it back to normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-13-11-17-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-13-11-17-28.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 33

tpdtopcop

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having same problem. Was all good one day then bam it started doing it. I have reset to factory default and didn't fix problem.
Stock phone no root

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
You can download the free bitdefender or similar anti virus software and see if the phone is clean. I personally recommend Bitdefender, because it uses the online scan, not from the phone. But try this first. Try downloading either Dolphin or Firefox web browser and see if you have the same issue. But I'd run the bitdefender regardless. let me know.

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion - downloaded and ran Bitdefender....says the phone is fine. Also downloaded Dolphin.....nice browser. May run that as my standard now.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Also, in regards to book marks opening in another window....check to see if you have the check mark "open in background". Open the Default Browser, click the three white dots, then setting, then advanced..... scroll through all those settings and see if there's anything that relates to your problem... there is also a reset to default in there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87