HTC One or Xperia Z1

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
By all counts (based on reading, not hands-on) the Z1 has it beat or tied in the first four things you listed. Plus it has built-in water resistance.

The One will have it beat soundly in the sound quality department.

There's nothing wrong with the One (I still love it), but there's also no denying that there are phones out now that beat or meet it in the areas that it shows it's strengths in (camera, display, performance, battery life).

Display? HTC One = 468 ppi, Sony Xperia Z1 = 441ppi.

How is the Sony's display better? Serious question here..

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Display? HTC One = 468 ppi, Sony Xperia Z1 = 441ppi.

How is the Sony's display better? Serious question here..

A 27 PPI difference taken in context of all the other advantages to the z1 isn't really noteworthy. I think Kevin pretty much nailed it in the post you quoted

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
HTC One is better:
-Better audio
-Better screen
-Size is way better as the Z1 has a 5'' but with a Note 3 size and overweight
-Sense 5.x is way better than any Android UI (ask me as I have now an S4)
-WAY more roms

The Z1 is better:
-No purple tint issue
-Huge 21mp camera

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is an argument with a clear winner and really that can be said about all top phones currently out.

When we shop for phones we have our own personal idea of what we need in our device and what we might sacrifice to get it

Reception, camera, features, boat, price size, speakers and sound, screen tech build quality, materials used, sd card... The list goes on

LGG2, HTC One, Z1, S4, Note 3, Moto X Nexus 5... There all nice in their own respect and we just choose the one that appeals to us and best fits our needs

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any phone has a better screen than the One

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the color processing in htc one compared to my previous L920. If I want a good quality picture, I'll definitely bring my dslr.

I dont like the "feel" of the glass from xperia z...

Is that because it has the included Sony screen protector? Seems like the AC crew was talking about that on one of the podcasts.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It took me a while to get the wording just right but nonetheless it was my pleasure, happy new year and all the best to you and yours in 2014 :)

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Still curious about why the display is better.

he probably meant the display size, not the quality.

to some, anything less than 5 inches is not good enough nowadays.

i agree a 27 ppi difference is negligible in practical terms and no one would probably see any difference in screen quality just based off that but the htc one's display quality has been lauded throughout the year as one if not the best one out there whereas the z1 display carried a "but" in some reviews, as i stated before.

this does not mean its not a terrific display but Kevin O'Quinn either was referring to the size or he just got carried away in his defense of the xperia z1.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One with SLCD3 is the best LCD tech nowadays because not only of sharpness and colors but also for the good sunlight legibility as well as viewing angles,the Z1's screen is surely better than Z but still colors will wash out at certain angle,a problem that the One doesn't have

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
he probably meant the display size, not the quality.

to some, anything less than 5 inches is not good enough nowadays.

i agree a 27 ppi difference is negligible in practical terms and no one would probably see any difference in screen quality just based off that but the htc one's display quality has been lauded throughout the year as one if not the best one out there whereas the z1 display carried a "but" in some reviews, as i stated before.

this does not mean its not a terrific display but Kevin O'Quinn either was referring to the size or he just got carried away in his defense of the xperia z1.

I'm sure you're right. And I was genuinely curious about the Z1 display. I've seen and played with most of the other new phones - S4, G2, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5, Moto X ... And I still, subjectively, feel that the HTC One display is the best in terms of visibility, screen brightness, video quality and color accuracy.

Have a good weekend.

suyogspuser1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My Z1 sucks.flappy bird and astro adventure lags on my phone for gods sakes. I mean how can this even happen?? I would never buy Sony again.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87