Bizarre camera issue on brand new HTC One

Digitoxin

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just received a brand new replacement HTC One to replace my old one which developed the purple camera issue. The first thing I did was test the camera on the new phone. The camera on my new HTC One has an image of a mountain range permanently burned into it. The only way I can describe the problem is to compare it to an old CRT or Projection Television where a ghost image is burned into it because the image was left on the screen for an extended period of time. Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem occurring on a cellphone camera?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just received a brand new replacement HTC One to replace my old one which developed the purple camera issue. The first thing I did was test the camera on the new phone. The camera on my new HTC One has an image of a mountain range permanently burned into it. The only way I can describe the problem is to compare it to an old CRT or Projection Television where a ghost image is burned into it because the image was left on the screen for an extended period of time. Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem occurring on a cellphone camera?
Is the issue still occurring? If so, clear the data in Camera: Settings > Applications > Camera > Clear data. This should fix it. If not, go through and see if a software update is available and accept. If still issues are occurring then considering contacting the retailer where you purchased the device from.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Yours was made in Colorado..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
As srkmagnus said, try clearing the Camera app data and see if there are updates available for your phone. If they are, update and see if the problem went away. If the image burning is still there, ask the retailer for a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64