Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gwappa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default newly bought htc one

Hi,

I didn't store much in my htc one, and I encounter occasional lag/freeze issue after 1-2 months of use. Is this normal, and how should I solve this problem?
    Thanks. =)

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Default Re: newly bought htc one

This is not normal to have lag/freeze on the HTC One. Perhaps you might want try a backup and reset, which may solve the issue.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gwappa View Post
    This is not normal to have lag/freeze on the HTC One. Perhaps you might want try a backup and reset, which may solve the issue.
    +1 to what Gwappa said! Its best to just reset the phone from scratch. Updates can sometimes make things difficult! Have you installed an update in the past few days?

Welcome to Android Central...ENJOY

ROM
    Stock

While this may sound incredibly stupid, I've seen on these forms in the last couple of months many instances of people failing to do this one simple thing: fully powered down the phone. Don't just hit the power button to turn off the screen. Don't hold power button down and select reset. Select the option to turn the power off, and let it turn off all the way. After it's been shut down for a minute, hold the button for a few seconds and let it power back on.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by gwappa View Post
    Yeah, I keep finding threads and reviews on HTC one, and none of them complain about lags. :/

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    +1 to what Gwappa said! Its best to just reset the phone from scratch. Updates can sometimes make things difficult! Have you installed an update in the past few days?
    I''ve been installing updates in a timely manner, whenever updates are available. Is there any other way to fix it without resetting the phone? I was hoping to reset the phone as my last resort.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I read about this too, where apps might be running in the background. And I tried that option too (usually when the phone shows signs of lagging), either restart or switch off. Some of the forums were saying restarting the phone is better as switching off is actually a fast boot and it doesn't really close all the apps. The weird thing is that i often clear the cache or memory/RAM, and it seems that this doesn't solve the lag issue.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by diaz12 View Post
    I read about this too, where apps might be running in the background. And I tried that option too (usually when the phone shows signs of lagging), either restart or switch off. Some of the forums were saying restarting the phone is better as switching off is actually a fast boot and it doesn't really close all the apps. The weird thing is that i often clear the cache or memory/RAM, and it seems that this doesn't solve the lag issue.
    You have more than enough RAM to run any apps. It could be some sort of MALWARE or something of that nature though. Thats why I say its best to just start it over from scratch. Then install your apps one at a time to make sure they are all fine. Its more than likely just Android acting up...In most cases anyways.