HTC One Restore (built in one) from NOT most recent backup

Traldera

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, got a puzzle for you, HTC are taking ages finding a solution.

As you know, the HTC has a built in backup system that stores to dropbox.

Before an RMA I used this to backup my phone and files. When it returned I was about to hit restore, and accidentally hit the create a new backup button.

The problem I'm having now is that the software seems to remember the last backup, so I cannot access the one I need to restore.

I've tried deleting the newer backup on dropbox, but then the restore software simply says there is no backup to restore from.

Do any of you have a solution? I'm starting to think HTC may well have the worst software dev team in existence if this is an intentional 'feature' to prevent you using an older backup.

Many thanks!

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. Because it defaulted to Google Drive when I accidentally picked backup instead of restore. Now it will only allow me to restore from the backup on Google Drive which happened after I did a factory reset, which does nothing for me. When I point the restore to Dropbox, it claims there is nothing to restore. I would love to know how to force it to restore from the backup you want. Very frustrating. I now have to go to all the work to get my phone set back up and download all of my apps again. Hopefully someone has an answer for us.

Posted via Android Central App

Traldera

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, not sure if it makes any difference to you but I have an ongoing case with HTC open, I'll let you know if there is a way, for future reference. And for people searching the forums in the future. Its such a design oversight

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i am pretty sure a new backup overrides the old one.

when i used htc backup i realised dropbox just updates the old backup files with new ones and they are all stored in the same folder.

yet, if you get to backup at all that would be a feat in itself. many people (including myself) have had issues with the htc backup since 4.4. there is a chance once you select the backup it won't connect to dropbox...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo