Why is there silence when making and receiving calls (HTC one)?

pyromonkey85

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
For anyone still experiencing this problem, try enabling WiFi calling (in settings -> call -> WiFi calling ON). I'm not entirely sure why that works but it just does. Hopefully this gets fixed in future patches.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My phone just popped up with a 180MB system update version 6.07.1540.2 that only lists system enhancement in the description. Here's hoping this fixes is.

My phone is a factory unlocked 32GB US model.

Sarahg70

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my HTC One M8 for the past couple of weeks! I forced a system update manually and it seems to have worked. I did notice it said something about important bug fixes, we'll see!

egyptiangenie

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
This issue popped up on my T-Mobile HTC One (M7) about two weeks ago and has persisted through lots of tweaking and a factory reset. Finally today I manually checked for software updates and I got this: a619f3.jpg

RLBrazie

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a rooted HTC One M8 Verizon. I am using CM12 custom ROM and started having this issue today - just installed HTC Service Pack last night. I uninstalled HTC Service Pack since this seems to be the issues (at least communicating with Google, not pointing fingers). It appears an update to the 6.07.1540.2 service pack will correct the issue. Since the ROM I'm using is AOSP I'm just going to wait until I can get a Sense version of Lollipop (can't use the current one on VZW). Good luck!

RLBrazie

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my phone is rooted, anyone else with a rooted htc have this problem

I have a rooted HTC One M8 Verizon. I am using CM12 custom ROM and started having this issue today - just installed HTC Service Pack last night. I uninstalled HTC Service Pack since this seems to be the issues (at least communicating with Google, not pointing fingers). It appears an update to the 6.07.1540.2 service pack will correct the issue. Since the ROM I'm using is AOSP I'm just going to wait until I can get a Sense version of Lollipop (can't use the current one on VZW). Good luck!

sashikannth

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Silence when making and receiving calls - HTC one

I recently purchased HTC one M8 mobile (2 months back),I have the issue of sound while speaking to the other person .I have to start speaker on,then only i can talk,so plz suggest me to solve this problem.

elite8875

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Registered on here just to thank you for this information. Nothing was working and I was doubtful any of this would work. but after following ur advice...IT WORKED!! IM SHOCKED. THANKS MAN!!

Uninstalling service pack update didn't work but I found something on another forum that did the trick. Go to settings, power and untick fast boot. Then switch on flight mode and switch off phone. Wait a couple of minutes and switch back on then switch off flight mode. All sorted.

The Bassliner

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Since a couple of months, I'm under Viper One 9.0.0 on my M7, and the M9 port on this has a bug about the no sound during call. Nothing has worked until today. Does someone has a solution ?

Prettyfumzy

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank you flyyer... It worked. I was getting pissed. Would never have thought fast boot Will cause so much trouble. It also extended my battery life. Before now my battery drops like crazy and to think that I just got the phone made me more angry. Thanks again fllyyer.

Uninstalling service pack update didn't work but I found something on another forum that did the trick. Go to settings, power and untick fast boot. Then switch on flight mode and switch off phone. Wait a couple of minutes and switch back on then switch off flight mode. All sorted.

GregDavis11009

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
A simple reboot got my phone working again, but based on the other reply's above. I think I will see if have that update pending. I disable automatic updates as they seem to cause more problems than fix them but I did do a google update so now maybe I need to do a system update. My blue tooth is cutting in and out also so I updated that one. Who knows what could have caused the need for a system update after 3 years of using this phone.

shuks baby

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Did you happen to download htc's service pack from Google play store? Looks like there are a lot of complaints about calls after that last update in the comments section.

You might try uninstalling the last update for the htc service pack and reboot to see if that fixes your problem.

Posted via Android Central App

I have tried to uninstall the HTC one but it didn't work,it kept telling me that my phone can't work if I dnt install it.
Plz wat can I d I just got this phone last year ending

Last edited by a moderator:

chcgebara

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

I know this is an old tread, but I´m still with the f...problems since I rooted and installed Resurrection Remix on my HOX.
Several months looking for a solution, but all fix are temporary (Wipe Cache, etc or clear Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google ervices Framework).
They just solve the calls issue for a moment.
Does anybody found a REAL solution ???
Tks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa