Need help converting to GPE

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I purchased a HTC One T-Mobile phone from someone on CL thinking it was stock but it has this ROM that looks like Sense but has some Xperia apps cooked into the ROM. Any who I want to convert this to a GPE Phone. I downloaded the necessary files (Android SDK and a rooted version of the OEM ROM) I made sure the phone is UNLOCKED and I managed to do S-OFF . My CID is good according to what I have read. Thing is ,I manage to reboot the phone into bootloader via command prompt but when I try the command to flash the RUU zip file it gets stuck on "waiting for device" I noticed that my PC no longer recognizes my phone once in bootloader ( I get a prompt from windows saying unrecognized device connected ") is this normal? I'm using W8.1 if that helps . I have a work laptop that is running Win7 should I use that ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a work laptop that is running Win7 should I use that ?
For starters, yes I would use Win 7.. Windows 8.x is rather picky about drivers and devices. Not saying this will resolve your problems but older versions of Windows are easier when it comes to rooting.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done the conversion, but I do know your bootloader version needs to be fairly up to date. Make sure you check that before starting.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't even aware the bootloader could be updated . Thought it was either locked or unlocked . Also not sure if this helps any but on the bootloader screen right above where it says UNLOCKED it says TAMPERED . What does that mean ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo