Need help using AptX codex...SOLVED.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I have no idea why mine is defaulting to LC3, but even downloading that version of the app didn't work

Hd initially shows up when the buds aren't connecting, but quickly disappears once the buds are connected:

Last edited:

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
After lots of reading and investigation, I've come to the conclusion that it's the buds. The touch controls stopped working on the right bud, which may mean there are more things wrong internally. Anyway, thanks to contributors and suggestions. I've also ordered another pair of Air4 Pro ($41 on Amazon right now) just to see if they'll do the trick. I should know by tomorrow.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Broadcast off, LE Audio off, and it still defaults to LC3 mono audio. The new pair of Air4 Pros came in just now, and I tested them, and still the same result. I have no idea. Thanks for the suggestions though. Maybe I have to toggle one of the developer options off or on, or it's related to some random options somewhere else, I have no idea.

Olle

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
It's very difficult to connect the device properly, at least with Moto, but even pairing with PC (Win11) didn't go smoothly. As I understand it, buds has multiple BTs (LE, BR/EDR, LE Audio and I don't know what else) and it messes them all up.
The most important thing here is the initial pairing and connection, so I made many attempts, each time clearing (Forget) in Device Details.
Experimenting, I did several resets in the app - see bottom right corner on the app start screen. I think it is also useful to do an Upgrade fimware - see top left corner .

1711311757839.png
I didn't touch any developer options.

Reactions: MoreDef

Olle

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
and second, before turning them on (taking them out of the box), turn off Bluetooth in Moto and wait a few seconds to let them connect to each other - so there should be less confusion when pairing with Moto.

Reactions: MoreDef

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Firmware matches.
Turned off Bluetooth.
Reset earbuds in app.
Reset earbuds by holding button down on case for 15 seconds.
Forgot all other connected devices.
Turned phone off then on.
Turned off LE
Turned off broadcast

Nothing. It's so weird, because it's normal for the first second or two, with the Snapdragon and Qualcomm notifications showing up, then quickly disappearing, along with the AptX Adaptive toggle.

Olle

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
the Snapdragon and Qualcomm notifications showing up
can you catch it and disable this AptX Adaptive toggle while it appears ?

The main purpose is to switch off the "LE Audio - Media and calls" option (see my first post), but if it is not there, then you need to somehow make it appear

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh, best believe I tried. I would open up the buds case and as soon as I saw the banners, I would mash on one, hoping it would open up another app or window where I could find this magical setting. Neither one of the notifications banners is clickable, and I think they act more as announcements that I have access to snapdragon sound...except I don't. At least not with these particular earbuds.

Like I said, I have Denon PerL Pros, which have no problem accessing Snapdragon Sound and AptX Lossless, but it's the principle of the situation. I just can't stop my brain from wanting to fix this problem. Maybe it's these particular buds not playing nice with this particular model, as it looks like you have no problem with your +/ultra model.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions and help. I'm about ready to just call it a loss and convince myself it's okay to have earbuds that connect strictly to mono sound LC3 codec on this device.

Olle

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
It would be interesting to try connecting them to another phone
By the way, KZ released an interesting device on the QCC5071 chip - Snapdragon with Lossless, as they claim - not listed on aptx.com, but works great. KZ AZ20. And you can connect your favorite wired one.
But that is another topic.
NTMU and good luck !

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been looking at that so I could turn my IEMs wireless! Just got the KZ Zax today purely out of curiosity on how 8 drivers would sound.

But like you said, IEMs are a whole different topic, and a MUCH deeper rabbit hole.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000