Need help using AptX codex...SOLVED.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
So while researching phones that come packaged with AptX Lossless, I saw that the Motorola RAZR 2023 was a phone that could deliver this codec. I bought one, and quickly tried to connect my Soundpeats Air4 Pro, which are capable of AptX Lossless as well...but I can't connect to anything but LC3 codec. AptX Lossless doesn't even show up! Here are a few screens to demonstrate what I'm looking at. Any time I select AptX Adaptive as the codec, it just defaults back to LC3. Anyone know how to keep a codec selected?Screenshot_20240313-202754.pngScreenshot_20240313-202817.pngScreenshot_20240313-202827.png

I got this phone because all these sites and even the AptX website listed this phone as having Snapdragon Sound and being capable of Lossless audio. Please tell me there's a way to activate it.

Edit: so the solution ended up being the most obvious, but also obe that may not be an issue for anyone NOT on these forums.

See, I bought the RAZR 2023 just for the AptX Lossless code. I have an S24+ for emulation and a Pixel 8 Pro for the camera and daily driver. Having 3 phones sounds crazy (to anyone not on these forums), but what's crazier to me is having 3 phone numbers....which is why my SIM only stays in the Pixel. Long story short, I popped my SIM into the RAZR and it resulted in an update that wasn't being triggered when it was just on wifi. The moral of the story? Pop your SIM into your side phones every once in a while, you never know what you might get/fix.

Screenshot_20240327-102105.png

Last edited:

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It's so weird. When i forget and unpair the Soundpeats Air4 Pro, then reconnect to the phone, this quickly shows up for like 5 seconds...
Screenshot_20240315-080109.png
Afterwards, the AptX bar disappears and it goes back to this...
Screenshot_20240315-080114.png

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Never heard of that brand. You sure they aren't doggy and sending a fake "I can to aptX", triggers and disables?

On Samsung, Last time I tried forcing Developer Options code it doesn't stick, presumably compatibily assurance. Probably Motorola doing the same (or just Android now in general)

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Soundpeats isactually a very well-known and established brand for TWS.

When it comes to Samsung, I bet you were trying to force the LDAC codec, huh? It's possible though, you just have to turn the LDAC option on in Bluetooth settings of the specific device you're connected to.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

When it comes to Samsung, I bet you were trying to force the LDAC codec, huh? It's possible though, you just have to turn the LDAC option on in Bluetooth settings of the specific device you're connected to.
You either looked at my history or a telepath to even mention LDAC. I shall show myself out.

That aside, I only found your reddit post about the issue (brief search) and also Googleing Motorola Razer 2023 AptX Lossless only a specific model shows up in the results from Qualcoms site the 'moto razr 40 Ultra' as the one capable of AptX Lossless.

I also noticed after getting some sleep, your screenshots show adaptive, not lossless. AptX Lossless is 1200kbps while Adaptive is 400kbps.

I know that doesn't help with it disspearing but I'm wonder if you may have been looking at the wrong phone.

What's the exact model number you have and one or two of the sites that said it has it?

Reactions: MoreDef

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Haha, the LDAC and Samsung thing was just a guess, since I had the same problems when trying to connect my S24+ to my XM4's

As for the RAZR, Motorola didn't do anyone any favors with their naming. Here in America, the 2023 and 2023+ are the 40 and 40 Ultra respectively in other regions.

As for AptX lossless, it's a feature baked into AptX Adaptive, so just like Motorola, Qualcomm isn't doing themselves any favors with their naming conventions. In short, AptX Adaptive is the codec, but within that codec, there are varying degrees of quality, with AptX Lossless being the most recent and best quality.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...I don't think Motorola is going to get back to me, since the last time I was on chat with an "expert", they told me that I should get in touch with Soundpeats customer support.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Here's a screen recorded video of how the RAZR 2023 acts when being paired with my Soundpeats Air4 Pro...why does it sneakily switch over to LE/LC3 audio and codec?! Why!!!!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

That's the same thing I was thinking. In fact it was you who told me how to do that! Thx again! (y)

So there's not a similar option — for AptX — in your Motorola RAZE 2023 Bluetooth settings?

Reactions: MoreDef

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I've seen those settings change based on what you're doing , like phone calls , listening to music or watching a movie
Yeah, absolutely ..except here, all I did was flip the lid open. The buds paired, initiated the proper codecs for a second, then quickly got rid of the HD toggle in the Bluetooth settings, and switch from AptX to LC3 in the developer options.

I'm starting to think this is a soundpeats thing, because my Denon PerL Pros have no problem connecting and going right to AptX Adaptive.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, absolutely ..except here, all I did was flip the lid open. The buds paired, initiated the proper codecs for a second, then quickly got rid of the HD toggle in the Bluetooth settings, and switch from AptX to LC3 in the developer options.

I'm starting to think this is a soundpeats thing, because my Denon PerL Pros have no problem connecting and going right to AptX Adaptive.
Yeah I agree probably is a soundpeat issue do they get updates?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
They're not the best at pushing out updates, but then again, no tws manufacturers are. I honestly think that unlike phones, unless it's a game-breaking bug, earbuds don't get updates on the regular. I mean, Bose said they were close to pushing lossless codec out to the QC2 this time last year...and it still hasn't happened.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They're not the best at pushing out updates, but then again, no tws manufacturers are. I honestly think that unlike phones, unless it's a game-breaking bug, earbuds don't get updates on the regular. I mean, Bose said they were close to pushing lossless codec out to the QC2 this time last year...and it still hasn't happened.
True , sucks :(

Olle

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
I use Motorola Razr 40 Ultra (XT2321-1) .

May be try to update firmware - download app "SOUNDPEATS EARPHONE" from here:

Update firmware is under '≡' menu in upper left corner.

Last edited: