Rooting question

DREWGLINSEK

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while, trying to find an easy one click root for my Evo. I had an LG Optimus V before my evo, and it was rooted, but now that I have my new phone, I can't do any of the great things rooting allows. The reason I don't put fast boot, and custom recovery, and all that other stuff on it, is because last time I did that, I messed up severely and couldn't fix my Optimus.
HTC Sense: 3.6

Thanks

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while, trying to find an easy one click root for my Evo. I had an LG Optimus V before my evo, and it was rooted, but now that I have my new phone, I can't do any of the great things rooting allows. The reason I don't put fast boot, and custom recovery, and all that other stuff on it, is because last time I did that, I messed up severely and couldn't fix my Optimus.
HTC Sense: 3.6

Thanks

One click root isn't going to happen if that is what you are asking.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Fast boots the best way anyway

Fast boot has nothing to do with rooting (aside from the fact that it MUST be disabled for rooting to work) and is actually the #1 cause of problems with the EVO3D. Anyone who knows what they're talking about wouldn't be praising it.

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Fast boot has nothing to do with rooting (aside from the fact that it MUST be disabled for rooting to work) and is actually the #1 cause of problems with the EVO3D. Anyone who knows what they're talking about wouldn't be praising it.

Oh .. sorry I forgot what's this was about after I read it. But yeah you're right fastboot has nothing to do with rooting.. abd and command prompt do. Lack of sleep didn't help my comment

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just to help clarify for everyone, fastboot is used in rooting. Actually it's required to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. If you boot into your bootloader, you will see fastboot as the first option. When connected to the pc it changes to fastboot usb when you're in fastboot mode. And you need adb and fastboot on your pc as you use both when rooting.
Remember commands like fastboot flash unlocktoken and fastboot flash recovery?

Now, htc also named one of their features fastboot... Why? Who knows, it just causes confusion. The fastboot that you uncheck in the menu is basically a hibernation mode for the phone. It prevents the phone from turning off fully, so that it can start up faster, or boot faster.

Some people prefer flashing roms through fastboot as opposed to from the phone. It's actually a great way for s-on users to flash roms with kernels as you can fastboot boot recovery into the phones memory and be able to flash the rom and kernel. Now we have 4ext with smart flash that allows this to happen for s-on users.

See we have everyone arguing over what fastboot is because it's confusing. It's frustrating that htc named their hibernation mode fastboot... Anyway, everyone was right about their points they were arguing, but the other side was right as well. There are two completely different fastboots on the phone. One used for rooting, one not.

I hope that helps clear things up. I'm not always the best at explaining things and i'm typing this on tappa so it's hard to keep up with my thoughts. :eek:

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to help clarify for everyone, fastboot is used in rooting. Actually it's required to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. If you boot into your bootloader, you will see fastboot as the first option. When connected to the pc it changes to fastboot usb when you're in fastboot mode. And you need adb and fastboot on your pc as you use both when rooting.
Remember commands like fastboot flash unlocktoken and fastboot flash recovery?

Now, htc also named one of their features fastboot... Why? Who knows, it just causes confusion. The fastboot that you uncheck in the menu is basically a hibernation mode for the phone. It prevents the phone from turning off fully, so that it can start up faster, or boot faster.

Some people prefer flashing roms through fastboot as opposed to from the phone. It's actually a great way for s-on users to flash roms with kernels as you can fastboot boot recovery into the phones memory and be able to flash the rom and kernel. Now we have 4ext with smart flash that allows this to happen for s-on users.

See we have everyone arguing over what fastboot is because it's confusing. It's frustrating that htc named their hibernation mode fastboot... Anyway, everyone was right about their points they were arguing, but the other side was right as well. There are two completely different fastboots on the phone. One used for rooting, one not.

I hope that helps clear things up. I'm not always the best at explaining things and i'm typing this on tappa so it's hard to keep up with my thoughts. :eek:

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

So I was right. Nioooce

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Plz advise me how can i update my evo 3d when i going setting and sofywear update its showing ur phone up to date .
I m using 2.3.4
Htc sence 3.0
Plz help me

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87