Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: [WIP][KERNEL][ROM] Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine is rooted and wifi tether is working great!!!!!

And I am back from Best Buy with a brand new phone...hehe. I guess its good to have a warranty eh?

The more you can uninstall from HTC Hub, the more data space you'll have. Link2SD lets you clear out app caches too.

What is RUU? Oh no it's not even for Virgin Mobile USA is it...

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy S5 | LG Volt | Galaxy Note Pro | Nexus 7 | Tegra Shield
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Our custom recovery is what messes up the file.
    Link 2 sd requires you to have a second partition and you have to link them yourself
    your welcome
    Glad you got you a new phone, trying the tutorials again?
    And you can easily use link 2 sd for space.also these were replied in the order posted.

My new phone is S-Off, Custom Recovery installed and rooted....ready to try this PRL thing again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Thanks for the feedback. do you think we should mention never to use the RUU file? and let me know if i can help you if you get any errors with the prl

That would have saved me a trip to Best Buy, LOL. But yeah that does sound like a good idea. I was able to get everything setup, even the .PRL, so i am all good to go. Everything works as you have it written.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Lol, Im adding it to the OP. Glad you got everything up and working. Without people like you, Id truly be nowhere in this. Thank you

Your welcome, I am glad to test anything that won't brick my phone, LOL. Thank you for all of your hard work and direction.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Haha, you dont have to worry about bricking your phone. I always test myself with my pateted testing method on the more risky stuff "cross your fingers and pray like he**" Lol. I wont ever release anything that could brick a phone, with the instructions given Given the demand youve seen, do you think people would donate to me for the development, I quit my job and need some source lol besides fixing ipods and computers, that only goes so far in a month and takes away from android development

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Hey I managed to get S-Off and instal the custom recovery image using your method, but when use SuperOneClick root it freezes at step 6 and my phone gets stuck in boot loop until I pull out the battery. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

I think i do know what your doing wrong:
    First boot phone normally, and plug into your computer. Allow all drivers to be installed.
    Now, turn on USB Debugging on your phone, more drivers should be installed. Go to your Device Manager to make sure all devices are installed. Now open Superoneclick V2.2 as an administrator, ignore any AV warnings.. Now click auto method at the top and simply click root. Be paitent, it may appear frozen at times but its not

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

I did all of that and I also keep geting an adb server is out of date message and it keeps failing to push busybox to my phone and when it does manager to push busybox to myphone it stops responding as soon as my phone resets.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Ahhh, That right there was key information. Download the Android SDK (google it, its very easy to find) and get the adb in what it downloads. Then look through the super one click folder and find its adb.exe file and replace it with the one from the Android SDK
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Hi everyone. Id like to thank everyone here who is trying my tutorials.
    Id like to ask everyone who finds this helpful to donate though, 1 cent to however much you think its worth. Anything helps---
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Ok I did that and there was a note saying that the adb was moved to SDK platform tools and now that keeps failing to install it says:

failed to create directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk-temp
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Okay, now this is interesting. And quite evasive to track down.. is there any way you could try another computer or to download Superoneclick again?

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

I might be able to tomorrow and sorry if I am bothering you, I am really new to using Superoneclick root.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

No such thing as bothering on this thread. Im here to help anyone. Its the only way to do things like this if you want to be successful. Ask any question any time. if you find me helpful, please consider donations though. I quit my dayjob to do this. every dollar every penny helps me out
    EDIT: glad you got it to install. Windows 7 is a pain tell you the truth. You may want to consider dualbooting ubuntu (Off topic) especially if you ever want to work with android development or really, just do anything tremendous for free lol. I personally like it

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

And I just got it to install, I had to run SDK Manager as an administrator

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

And I will donate as soon as I get some money in my account, I just got laid of in semptember but I would llove to help you out

Hey, I am having an issue with the partitioning of the sd card...I am using the mini tool program, I have an 8 gig sd card. I make the first partition 6.5 gb and then when I try to create the second, it tells me that windows will only recognize the first partition. Link2sd does not see the 2nd partition at all.

Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    Hey, I am having an issue with the partitioning of the sd card...I am using the mini tool program, I have an 8 gig sd card. I make the first partition 6.5 gb and then when I try to create the second, it tells me that windows will only recognize the first partition. Link2sd does not see the 2nd partition at all.
    The error you saw is normal. Lucky Linux is not Windows.

be sure both partitions are created as primary, the second one should be FAT32.

Whendone formatting, safely eject your phone from your computer, first via Windows and then through Android.

Turn off Fast Reboot then reboot.

Sent from my Optimus Slider
    Galaxy S5 | LG Volt | Galaxy Note Pro | Nexus 7 | Tegra Shield

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Even with the new ADB I am still getting the same error
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Glad you got help. he is correct make sure both are primary. and maybe try in linux
    Huh, thats not normal at all. Go to the custom recovery and try
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast