[ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 06/26/2013

Updated. Camera (including video recording) is now fully functional but may have some glitches/bugs.

Panorama still doesn't work but it's not a camera issue, it's a graphic issue.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for all your hard work phenomx4. I greatly appreciate that you got the camera and torch working. I was kind of wondering why there was a torch app and it didn't work. I thought you had it working on it and I had it corrupted at that time. Anyways I have the gapps and rom downloaded and I am coming back to this rom. The gingerbread rom I had was getting on my nerves as it kept having it store crash and then revert back to the original version even though I didn't uninstall the updates. The rom is called sleipnir and aside from the store I couldn't find the cyanogen mod settings to adjust them. Well I am going to update the rom and will post a response on what I think of it later.

volcomj

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 08/21/2013

Thanks so much for this ROM. I now like my phone for the first time since I bought it almost a year ago.

I'm glad to hear you're planning on fixing the NFC Google Wallet problem at some point. I look forward to it.

Rakeli Medina

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

im having problems running any video recording app on my phone can u plz fix this im using snapchat and instagram

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Updated. You no longer need to reflash gapps every update because of the updated scripts.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I have the 8/20/2013 version of the rom. I haven't had a chance to update to the latest one yet but I can say that the rom is working awesomely. The camera indeed does work as well as the torch that it has had installed for awhile but never worked until now. So now there are just a few kinks to remove and the rom will be perfect. But I am happy without the built in wifi tethering working or even the panorama mode. I would say start to develop the newest android jellybean rom since this one is more than stable enough to use for everything anyone would usually use it for. Anyways thanks phenomx4 for all your hard work with this rom in making it close to perfect. I look forward to your development in any more roms that you may develop for this phone.

zumatech

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

can anyone help me set the phone address book to sort by last name rather than first name? thanks!

Judge Moore

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

im enjoying this rom so far. thanks for getting the camera working. one issue, when i touch the screen anywhere the soft keys light up. how do i turn this off? its slaughtering my battery.

herrmannc1899

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I am in desperate need of a fix, for some reason my phone is now no longer receiving any out side signals (wifi, 3g, mobile) the wifi simply wont turn on and it says i have no service.Also on start up it says that "Android.phone" has stopped working. I really need this for by tomorrow.

armymartinez

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

People having good luck with this? Any "reviews" of this firmware (stability, unexpected operations, etc) would be great since I'm about ready to take the dive with my phone.

thx army

radicruel

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

How do I install apps? Like Play Store doesn't even show up.
ok ignore this nevermind.

Last edited:

reburg99

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

WOW! thanks!! I new to root'n and Roms :-[. So far it's awesome!! I'm having an issues downloading and sending MMS messages, is there something I need to install or do different? It just hangs at either sending or downloading and never sends or downloads. Other then that I think everything is running great!
thanks

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Would you be able to help me a little phenomx4? I am going to be working on porting a rom to this phone but I have a few questions I need answered to do this. The main question is if you would happen to know of any phones that have the same screen resolution that have the newest android available for it. I have found a good guide in porting roms: [GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest) - xda-developers from what I read you need to have a base rom and a rom to port. The main thing is that you need to have the same resolutions for the phones. Also I think it needs to be the same cm version maybe. Or would it be easier for me to just develop a rom myself? I have looked into it and it seems like there is a lot of steps but none of the downloads for the tools are active and are all dead. I would just like to start to make some roms or port them and either just use it myself or ask permission to post a port on the forum. Either way would be fine with me it would just help me fill some of my free time from not having a job.

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Would you be able to help me a little phenomx4? I am going to be working on porting a rom to this phone but I have a few questions I need answered to do this. The main question is if you would happen to know of any phones that have the same screen resolution that have the newest android available for it. I have found a good guide in porting roms: [GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest) - xda-developers from what I read you need to have a base rom and a rom to port. The main thing is that you need to have the same resolutions for the phones. Also I think it needs to be the same cm version maybe. Or would it be easier for me to just develop a rom myself? I have looked into it and it seems like there is a lot of steps but none of the downloads for the tools are active and are all dead. I would just like to start to make some roms or port them and either just use it myself or ask permission to post a port on the forum. Either way would be fine with me it would just help me fill some of my free time from not having a job.
I would ask kenharky instead since he does what you're trying to do.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! thanks!! I new to root'n and Roms :-[. So far it's awesome!! I'm having an issues downloading and sending MMS messages, is there something I need to install or do different? It just hangs at either sending or downloading and never sends or downloads. Other then that I think everything is running great!
thanks

MMS is kind of hit and miss at the moment but still working on it.

ryanccarter

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else noticed a lag when the phone tries to tell you who the caller is? Basically, it sits there for a while just showing the number and then eventually it will show you who the contact is.