Looking For Screen Protector That Leaves No Smudges Like The 1 I Own For My Touch?

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You sure it was wet enough? I could slide mine around a little to align it right when I installed it.

I believe it was. I gave it a good several sprays front and back, without letting it be dripping, but the moment it touched that screen, it was not going anywhere.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
OMG,... Guess What, You Wont Believe This But,...

I just received an email right Now from CheapDroids.com about the ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Protector that I ordered from CheapDroids.com and they are Telling me that there was a Mistake on their Website and the Price $12.95 that I Paid to them was for a Different Product. They are telling me that the $12.95 Price is actually for the ZAGG Invisible Shield Protector and NOT the Full Body version.

They Want $23.95 for the actual ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Protector and my options are as follows:

1. Pay an Extra $11 to them to get the Full Body Kind.
2. Get the Actual Frontal Screen Protector Only.
3. Get a Complete Refund on my order altogether.

And to tell you the Truth,... I'm Kinda Pissed Off Right Now about this Whole Thing. Plus I dont Even See the $12.95 ZAGG Frontal Screen Protector on their Website For Sale...

I dont want to finally get my order and then find out I'm getting some POS Screen Protector and Not the ZAGG Model if you know what I mean.

I dont know if I would even need the Back of the Droid protected due to the fact I'm getting a Rubberized Case for it also so I probably dont need the Full Body Mode.

I dont know what to do right now.

I think I'll go for the $12.95 Frontal Protector but I'm going to reply to them first and get a Confirmation that the $12.95 Model is in Fact a ZAGG's and Not Some Other Jerk Off Model that I'd be getting.

So I just Wanted Everyone to know that I was getting Kind Of Screwed about this Screen Protector and I couldnt find anything on their Website saying that they are not accounted for MisPrints and Typo's and that Kind of thing.

SO,... BUYER BEWARE WHEN BUYING PRODUCTS FROM CheapDroids.com

So now that I have that off my chest,... I need to reply to their email and let them know how I feel about it.

Thanks For Listening.

I would email them and say, "Sorry that's your mistake send me my full body skin." They are responsible for pricing mistakes not you.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Installed Skinomi Monday night around 9:30... I was meticulous as far as finger prints and lint, etc. It hasn't even been 48 hrs yet, so i'm trying to be patient...but i see no improvement yet. The haziness is there, microbubbles....its a shame too because it certainly doesn't get as smudgy but if this doesn't improve by the weekend its coming off and getting replaced.

What are your other suggestions? How long have you had to wait for this to clear up on yours?

yeah im going to be returning mine. i got it from amazon for $9.99 but the problem is that they only you send you ONE skin, so if you screw up, thats it.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OMG,... Guess What, You Wont Believe This But,...

I just received an email right Now from CheapDroids.com about the ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Protector that I ordered from CheapDroids.com and they are Telling me that there was a Mistake on their Website and the Price $12.95 that I Paid to them was for a Different Product. They are telling me that the $12.95 Price is actually for the ZAGG Invisible Shield Protector and NOT the Full Body version.

They Want $23.95 for the actual ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Protector and my options are as follows:

1. Pay an Extra $11 to them to get the Full Body Kind.
2. Get the Actual Frontal Screen Protector Only.
3. Get a Complete Refund on my order altogether.

And to tell you the Truth,... I'm Kinda Pissed Off Right Now about this Whole Thing. Plus I dont Even See the $12.95 ZAGG Frontal Screen Protector on their Website For Sale...

I dont want to finally get my order and then find out I'm getting some POS Screen Protector and Not the ZAGG Model if you know what I mean.

I dont know if I would even need the Back of the Droid protected due to the fact I'm getting a Rubberized Case for it also so I probably dont need the Full Body Mode.

I dont know what to do right now.

I think I'll go for the $12.95 Frontal Protector but I'm going to reply to them first and get a Confirmation that the $12.95 Model is in Fact a ZAGG's and Not Some Other Jerk Off Model that I'd be getting.

So I just Wanted Everyone to know that I was getting Kind Of Screwed about this Screen Protector and I couldnt find anything on their Website saying that they are not accounted for MisPrints and Typo's and that Kind of thing.

SO,... BUYER BEWARE WHEN BUYING PRODUCTS FROM CheapDroids.com

So now that I have that off my chest,... I need to reply to their email and let them know how I feel about it.

Thanks For Listening.

It's frustrating to have them do that to you. On the bright side, that's not a bad price for the frontal screen protector. At Best Buy, the screen ONLY protector is over $20 by itself.

Be careful if you use the Verizon silicone case with the screen protector. I put the Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector on, then the silicone case. The edges of the silicone case dug in between the glass screen and the screen protector making ugly bubbles all along the sides of my time-consuming perfectly placed screen protector.

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered some Phantom Skinz

they have a 2 for 1 deal and I used "Spring25" to get 25% off my order.

Order 2 'packs' which is 4 skins total for my gf and me. total was $14 and some change for 4 screen protectors.

alkaline

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i ordered phantom skinz as well but they still sit in the envelope on my kitchen table. i love the feel of the screen on the incredible and in all reality, how easy is it to scratch the screen? i haven't been able to talk myself into applying the skin yet.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i just got my phantom skinz then when i open up the envelope and packaging there are no screen protectors…im like wtf???

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
so, what would you guys go with for a matte/anti-glare protector? I love how the matte protectors feel under your finger.

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
coming to the end of day three with the Skinomi installed. The haziness is mostly gone but not the groups of microbubbles. Unless something miraculously changes by the weekend, i'll try the Phantomskinz... still, i'm SO on the fence about the screen protectors!! i love the way the 'naked' screen feels, but, i'm afraid i'd be that guy that gets some random big grain of sand in my pocket and scratch it up (yes, i would notice...its a sickness really) or my 4yr old or 1 yr old would do something with it.... *sigh*....

bss

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Two things:

I want a matte/anti-glare/anti-fngerprint screen film for the front of my DI; and also a small clear piece of film to cover the camera. Does this kind of a package exist yet?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered both the Phantom Skinz and the Zagg screen protectors.

The Phantom showed up first but didn't have any solution for it (you make it with soap water). I kept putting it off since I wanted to play with the device not let it sit there drying.

The Zagg showed up the two days later and came with a small thing of solution. I decided to do that one first and if I didn't like it switch to the other.

Installation was pretty smooth though I did re-raise the skin from the phone after the first application as it was a bit crooked. The ability to slide it didn't seem to be there despite having plenty of the solution on it, the phone and my fingers.

It was very tacky feeling when I got done, kind of rubbery but it was after midnight so I put the battery in it, and charged it overnight (you are supposed to wait for it to dry first). In the morning it was a bit slicker.

Over the past week, it has gotten more and more slick and is basically clear. If you look at it close, you can see kind of an orange peel like look, but you really have to look at it. Using your nail, it still has somewhat of a rubbery feeling.

Using it has still has some resistance to it, but I have learned that you really don't have to punch the screen like my previous Omnia where you actually had to press into the screen.

Using something like Swype takes a bit of playing with as you don't want to press onto the screen or the resistance will make it hard to use it. Very light pressing works great though.

For me, the phone was very touchy when I got it compared to my Omnia. With the Omnia it was seldom that I touched something that caused the phone to take off and do something where the DI can do that in many places. It is very sensitive. The Zagg does not appear to have changed that.

Not sure if I will use the Phantom. I think it was a whopping $7-$8... perhaps someone at work will end up using it. I didn't not order the matte finish one though.

If I was starting out new all over, I would most likely use the Zagg again not a good comparison to the Phantom since I've not actually used it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87