Turning off increased touch sensitivity may have improved my FPS relationship

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had trouble with the FPS since installing a Whitestone Dome screen protector. I don't know why, others report it's great. LOVE the protector so I've been dealing with it. That's not the topic, though.

I turned on "Increased Touch Sensitivity" when I installed my first film protector the same day I got the phone because... that's what you do. In fact, on the Pixel, it literally says for use with screen protectors.

After experiencing some FPS difficulties yesterday, I decided to turn increased sensitivity OFF.

I haven't done any scientific testing, but it seems like my FPS is working a bit better now. As far as using the phone, all the other touching, it's the same (I never had problems with non-FPS touching).

Does increased touch sensitivity make a difference for you?

And - if someone knows the tech - what exactly does it do to implement increased sensitivity?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you add a screen protector or use latex gloves it helps with touch response , if you have it on and not using either it can be too sensitive to touch or cause Ghost touches being too sensitive and it sensitivity can't be adjusted .

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I decided to turn off my screen sensitivity and I do not use a screen protector and what I've noticed is that my fingerprint reader has become more consistent. That's just my user experience. And I have also noticed that you don't have to mash your finger down on the reader in order to get a decent read. In fact, I have just been lightly touching it and it opens the phone and it's fairly quick

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I put a screen protector on my P6P on day one before I even used my phone and never turned on increased sensitivity because if it works fine without doing that, then why turn it on, I thought at the time. I haven't had any issues (any more than on my old Note 8) with the FPS on my P6P, even with the increased sensitivity turned off this whole time.