Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Tiny's 10/08 kernel. Let me DL the 10/15 kernel.

I need to start running these ROMs for more than a few hours. LOL

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think my personal record was about 3 hours...it was one of the Z ROMS, I forget which. After three random reboots and a total freeze up I was out!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna make myself stick with this one at least for the entire day.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Up early and fooling around with Prime. Didn't know you could add/remove homescreens... Nice!!

And don't get me started on that task list widget!!!!

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So far I'd say this Prime 3D ROM is the dogs bollocks! Very fast for a Sense 3.5 ROM and very responsive. MIght have new favorite!

I'll have to check out the task list widget...haven't see that one yet.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I was looking through the widgets and saw it. You add a task. You can set a due date and just check it off when It's done. But being able to remove those homescreens I'm not using does it for me. Lol

And it is pretty snappy!

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well doing another clean install of v2 because like an idiot I was flashing the 3.0 camera and thought "I wonder if Nils' arrowless KB would work also"...WRONG! But luckily I was stupid enough to do all that before I made a nandroid! Where's that facepalm picture when I need it?

Saw the v3 change log and it looks pretty sweet. I was going to just wait for it to come out and restore to a different backup but thought "ah what the hell, lets do another complete setup"

More coffee please...:-!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So what's the deal with the camera on Prime? I was trying to take some before pics of our bonus room (the wife and I painted it today) and the camera FC'ed every time I tried to take a pic. Went back to Nils for the remainder of the day. Kinda miss prime too. LOL

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. Go to the camera and change the "scenes" from panorama to whiteboard. I think joelz is working on a fix, or that's how I read it anyway, but in the meantime you can either do that or another possible is going to nils 3.5 original post and scroll down to the flashable 3.0 camera zip and flash that.
Dont do what I did yesterday though, make a nandroid first.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Did the Sense 3.0 camera affect the smoothness of your ROM at all? Just thought I'd ask before I started messing with it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You have any tethering issues with Prime? Couldn't seem to get Barnacle to work...
========

Edit:

Flashing v3 right now....

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh... I wanted to tether in my truck so I could play Pandora through my stereo.

Seems to run just as well as v2

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
V3 is snappy with the tweaks and the camera work around works as well. Excellent ROM!!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I just loaded nils business gingersense v30. 2.3 and the htc people widget is removed. How can I get this back

I'm pretty sure its in there somewhere cause I was using the big square one that takes up almost the whole screen.

Try adding the widget and when it present the list of widgets at the top of the list should be "All HTC Widgets" or something like that...scroll through all 85 of them or how ever many there are and see if you can find it that way.