Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Quote Originally Posted by arran1 View Post
    Tried to install Business Gingersense version 2.1 (the newest 3.0). I wiped everything 3x and when I booted into Gingersense, it was a weird combo of CM7 and Gingersense. Seriously, it was CM7's lockscreen, and then CM7's desktop, if you want to call it that. There was no status bar, or laucher/rosie. Then I was attacked by like twenty different FC's in the Gingersense message thing. And it just kept having the same things FC. Turned it off, inbetween the FC messages, and then it wouldn't boot, into the ROM, recovery, or HBOOT for about five minutes. I finally got to boot into the ROM and went through all the FC's to do the power menu and rebooted into recovery. Wiped everything and restored my NANd.

What the heck? I'll try again tomorrow, once I have redownloaded it. Maybe just a bad download.
    The 3d carousel in the Sense 3.0 version of Nils' ROM wrecks havoc with some phones. I couldn't run it for more than 24 hours without encountering bootloops. On the other hand, the non 3d carousel version of his Business GingerSense that's the Sense 2.1/3.0 mix is quite solid.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    HTC One M8 (2014)
    Nexus 7 FHD
    Transformer TF300T

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    The 3d carousel in the Sense 3.0 version of Nils' ROM wrecks havoc with some phones. I couldn't run it for more than 24 hours without encountering bootloops. On the other hand, the non 3d carousel version of his Business GingerSense that's the Sense 2.1/3.0 mix is quite solid.

Ok, thanks. I tried the 2.1/3.0 but it was more laggy then I was used to, and I had heard that the full 3.0 was a little less, so, as I was bored, I decided to flash it. If I feel like i really want it I will just devert to my NAND of the 2.1/3.0 3d carousel.
    Thanks again

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by arran1 View Post
    Tried to install Business Gingersense version 2.1 (the newest 3.0). I wiped everything 3x and when I booted into Gingersense, it was a weird combo of CM7 and Gingersense. Seriously, it was CM7's lockscreen, and then CM7's desktop, if you want to call it that. There was no status bar, or laucher/rosie. Then I was attacked by like twenty different FC's in the Gingersense message thing. And it just kept having the same things FC. Turned it off, inbetween the FC messages, and then it wouldn't boot, into the ROM, recovery, or HBOOT for about five minutes. I finally got to boot into the ROM and went through all the FC's to do the power menu and rebooted into recovery. Wiped everything and restored my NANd.

What the heck? I'll try again tomorrow, once I have redownloaded it. Maybe just a bad download.
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post

Dang guys...not sure what to say. I've had nothing but good luck with it (knocking on wood).

@arran1...It sounds to me more like a bad flash. I'm sure you've flashed a ROM or two but are you sure you used the right version of CWM? If I remember correctly in the OP on the XDA site Nils mentions using two different versions...CWM 3.0.0.8 for SLCD and 3.0.0.7 for AMOLED.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I used 3.0.0.8 with AMOLED when I flashed it with no problems.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Android Addict

What version of Nil's are you all using?
    @Android_Lee
    Nexus 6
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 5
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 7
    Lollipop rooted

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

In flashing Nils, isn't there something else you have to download first? Hboot or something else before you install the rom?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mldiroff View Post
    In flashing Nils, isn't there something else you have to download first? Hboot or something else before you install the rom?

If you are on hboot 0.92 and running CWM 3.0.0.7 (if Amoled) or 3.0.0.8 (for SLCD), no, you shouldn't need to flash anything before the ROM. Just be sure to factory reset; wipe cache; wipe dalvik. You will have to restore your apps (without data!) so make sure you've done a Nandroid and your backups are current.

I actually like to copy my key apk's to a directory on the SD card first and restore them that way.
    HTC One M8 (2014)
    Nexus 7 FHD
    Transformer TF300T

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ucluglee View Post
    Nils's Business Gingersense 3.0 v2.1

Quote Originally Posted by ucluglee View Post
    Constantly going back and forth between Nils and the rooted OTA but when I'm running Nils it's Gingersense 3.0, V2.1... Hmmm, I think I'll flash my backup of that right now. LOL

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mldiroff View Post

No there isn't anything in particular you have to download first. Just do the normal...Nandroid backup first, back up your apps with Titanium, do you data wipes (all three!), and flash away!

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

Cool thanks Wanda! Using CM7 170 and liking it so I may take a few days to flash Nils :-)

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Dang guys...not sure what to say. I've had nothing but good luck with it (knocking on wood).

@arran1...It sounds to me more like a bad flash. I'm sure you've flashed a ROM or two but are you sure you used the right version of CWM? If I remember correctly in the OP on the XDA site Nils mentions using two different versions...CWM 3.0.0.8 for SLCD and 3.0.0.7 for AMOLED.
    I have flashed a few, not many though. And yes, I made sure of that, because that was the whole reason I wanted to root and flash.

I am SLCD and running CWM 3.0.0.8. The SLCD was the one selling last september right? Because AMOLED sold out/too hard to manufacture/etc...

My first ROM was Nils' 2.1/3.0 and I had a good flash and it worked fine. I wanted to just see how much better the full 3.0 was compared to the mix.

I will probably try again this weekend, and I shall see what happens.

The version that I failed with was the 3.0 v2.1

If it fails again, I will probably just either go back to the mix, or stay with CM7

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Hmm...I've never tried the 2.1/3.0 version.

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mistah_mumford View Post
    Hmm...I've never tried the 2.1/3.0 version.

Sent via Tapatalk
    The main difference I found between the two versions is the 2.1/3.0 has two version itself, one for rotating carousel and one for standard. I think the file size is also a bit smaller since 3.0 was being entirely shoehorned into the ROM. When I used the carousel version of 2.1/3.0 I got a good bit of lag and at the time (it may have been updated since) there was no option to remap the right Rosie button.

Anyone try the community rom on xda found here? Looks intriguing. I may flash it when I get off today.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Anyone try the community rom on xda found here? Looks intriguing. I may flash it when I get off today.
    It does look pretty cool but it also looks like it's going to be unsupported from here on out. Think I might take a run at it though tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    It does look pretty cool but it also looks like it's going to be unsupported from here on out. Think I might take a run at it though tonight.
    Yeah, looks like he's moving on to the Sensation and won't be supporting anymore. Still gonna flash it in a few minutes though. Haha

Got it loaded up and its pretty slick so far. Seems faster than Nils...

Sent from my OVO Community ROM using Tapatalk

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Got it loaded up and its pretty slick so far. Seems faster than Nils...

Sent from my OVO Community ROM using Tapatalk
    Hard to believe it but it does seem snappier than Nils. Haven't found a Rosie Setting yet to let me remap the right button, have you found it?

That I haven't but I didn't look either. I actually like the Rosie going to personalize.

Sent via Tapatalk

That I haven't but I didn't look either. I actually like the Rosie going to personalize.

Sent via Tapatalk
    I had to reflash because yesterday, after flashing the gingertiny beta 6 kernel, it got stupid lag. I reflashed before bed then flashed gingertiny rls version and it's still snappy. It's like Nils but without the dark, sinister look. It is so snappy that it's actually hard to believe that it's GB with Sense 3.0.

It's like Nils but without the dark, sinister look.
    Gee, I thought I was the only one who calls it dark and sinister. I guess you call that my Signature since all my ROMs have a similar look.

By the way, I posted version 2.2 today which includes my modified GS kernel with init.d processing working which increases RAM availability and speeds up the ROM.

Also, Tiny's kernel is working pretty good with my GB ROMs. I just don't include custom kernels in the ROM since they can cause problems and confusion.

Enjoy

Nils
    Thanked by 2:
    Wanda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    By the way, I posted version 2.2 today which includes my modified GS kernel with init.d processing working which increases RAM availability and speeds up the ROM.
    I saw that earlier. I will add that to my SD when I get off today. Going to test drive the "community" ROM a little while longer.

I saw that earlier. I will add that to my SD when I get off today. Going to test drive the "community" ROM a little while longer.
    It's actually a pretty good ROM and he has it trimmed down nice.

Yes, I run all the ROMs also... That's the one thing nice about having more than one device since I can run mine as a dialy and run everyone elses on the other. Not to mention testing mine on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    It's actually a pretty good ROM and he has it trimmed down nice.

Yes, I run all the ROMs also... That's the one thing nice about having more than one device since I can run mine as a dialy and run everyone elses on the other. Not to mention testing mine on it.
    Yeah man, that 'community' seems to run so smoothly that it's hard to believe that it's a Sense 3.0 ROM.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast