Cannot Root DINC1

ad-cfud

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is Unrevoked3 still the best/preferred method for root an HTC Incredible 1? I've used it in the past, but it was close to a year ago. Now I am trying to use it again on a used DINC I got recently and it is failing with:

"Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new?"

I have USB debugging on and I have done a factory reset. No idea what is wrong so I am hoping I can get some BAMF love here!

I have noticed that the HBOOT version is 0.93 -- is this a problem?

bcjoves

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, i'm having a similar problem trying to root my wife's phone. She is still running 2.2 because her phone hasn't been able to update to 2.3. This is my first HTC phone i've tried to root, so definitely not super experienced with them. I tried using unrevoked, but keep getting an error your firmware might be too new message.

I have also tried to do a factory reset in recovery, and wasn't able to do that either??? don't know if these are related, but any help or direction would be amazingly appreciated! i've tried searching the forums, but there is soooo much info for the dinc and i haven't seen anything yet.

FYI, i have a mac but also tried to use a pc last night to no avail.. I have followed instructions to a T! thanks!!

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much. Took some tinkering around here and there, and going to several sites to make sure I downloaded the correct cd c:\mini-adb_inc file, but in the end, I was able to root my Dinc!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty