A Sticky FAQ would be nice

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking into possibly rooting my Incredible, so I'm currently trying to gather as much information as I can. However, there is sporadic info all over the place and I don't feel like I'm getting the whole picture.

It would be great if we had a centralized location explaining what all of this stuff is, and links on how to get all the necessary files and video instructions. I think this would make it easier for people to form a complete opinion whether rooting is for them or not.

Any plans for doing this? Root, recovery, ROMs, etc. It's a lot to take in at first!

jesso

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it would be super helpful. And I think at the top of this post would be this How To Root The Incredible link. It was so immensely helpful to me, and when I was looking to root I only found by luck as I trawled through threads here. There really is kind of an overwhelming amount of information here!

Where did Qazme's post go about how to flash a ROM? Even if we could get that stickied again, with the link added to the post, it would be a huge help. Or maybe in the "Read before posting" thread up there, add a link to that thread and to the instructions blog post, and any other useful things like that. We wouldn't really even need a FAQ if we had a place to collect the really useful links.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have all the information in these forums on how to root, install roms, etc etc. Just they never got stickied :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf