Let me root your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Goofypook;

I tried to watch the video but it said that it was not availible. I also thought I seen something somewhere that Unrevoked was not working right with Froyo 2.2 and the Dinc.

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm Im not sure why it doesnt work?? I watched last week and it worked perfectly. The directions however are spot on without the video!

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a lot of people are intrigued by rooting but don't really understand WHY they would want to. Flashing a ROM doesn't mean much to people unfamiliar with doing it. It is one of those things you start to appreciate once you've tried a couple of different ones. We've been fed phones by the carriers for so long people just accept what's there and don't question it. It is akin to buying a car from a company that only offers certain features. Being rooted is like being able to select every feature you might want - and change your mind later. Want a sunroof, power door locks and leather seats? DVD player? Navigation? Fuzzy dice? Pick a color!

Reactions: coonass

600bb

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
i would love for you to root my phone for me. i am stuck and scared in doing it my self. i want to be able to wifi teather using the phone's data plan.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow did that work well. Big shout out to upstreammiami. He was able to log onto my computer and took care of the whole process. He even stayed up helping me do some tweeking. Ended the session with a promise to offer more assistance.

Thanks for help.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in the op I can root your phone lol.. You don't even have to do anything

would you be able to root a droid X phone remotely? i tried helping my friend do his remotely but couldn't get it to work. i sent his the instructions that were posted on the blogs but still a no go.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just have to come here and give the OP a lot of credit. I don't have an Inc (as my signature shows) and I Imed him earlier and asked if I could ask him a question anyway. I had never flashed a ROM before nor had I tried a different kernel so I asked him for help. He was willing to be patient and answer all of my noob questions. I'm very grateful for his help, and hope I can be knowledgable enough to pay it forward.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just have to come here and give the OP a lot of credit. I don't have an Inc (as my signature shows) and I Imed him earlier and asked if I could ask him a question anyway. I had never flashed a ROM before nor had I tried a different kernel so I asked him for help. He was willing to be patient and answer all of my noob questions. I'm very grateful for his help, and hope I can be knowledgable enough to pay it forward.

Thanks man, funny I posted this thread in the evo forums and they think I'm a scam

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man, funny I posted this thread in the evo forums and they think I'm a scam

lol wtf.

But yeah, thanks x a million. :)

Everything has been flawless. I definitely think I can tell the difference in performance and with my battery. But how do I know I really flashed the kernel? Is there a way I can see what ROM I'm using and what kernel I'm using?

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
lol wtf.

But yeah, thanks x a million. :)

Everything has been flawless. I definitely think I can tell the difference in performance and with my battery. But how do I know I really flashed the kernel? Is there a way I can see what ROM I'm using and what kernel I'm using?

Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information

Kernel Version and Software number is what you are looking for.

CPUGEEK

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Easy SO Easy my baby can do it. Its really Just one click to root!

Just click and your rooted. You cant go wrong.

Install drivers and click.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
New forum member

I just signed up with the anticipation as a new comer here I am getting rid of my Blackberry and going the Android way. Very excited...

Jaguarr

PS i am also looking forward to people giving me their advice and opinion on which Android seems to be the best and what extended battery to get which I have been told I should do.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
New to Forum

Can anyone tell me their advice on what to look for in getting a new Android phone and why comming from a Blackberry?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Looking for new Android

Most have told me once I get my new Android I should go for the extended battery, Which is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.