Titanium restore question

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to restore some apps using the free titanium app. Under batch operations it says restore app with data, without or just data. So far i've been unable to restore anything. It says batch operation compete but there's no app there. Did I miss something?

I know I've read that some other people have had problems with the restore function as well like i believe administrator Corey...any further info or resolution?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If its the free one did you do the process of install each one. One by one if not then you havent restored anything... First check if you have unknown source cheeked. Settings/application then retry titatium again

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, unknown sources checked. tried to restore the apps in question one by one with no luck. Guess i'll be going with a full on nandroid....

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to restore some apps using the free titanium app. Under batch operations it says restore app with data, without or just data. So far i've been unable to restore anything. It says batch operation compete but there's no app there. Did I miss something?

I know I've read that some other people have had problems with the restore function as well like i believe administrator Corey...any further info or resolution?

It's been the experience of some that when you reinstall programs with data that you're possibly injecting problems because the data has been manipulated to work with a specific framework which your new ROM might not use.

I do a nandroid backup before I restore with Titanium. I do restore data, because it's a pain in the ass not to if you're flashing ROMs frequently. If I have problems after reloading the programs with data, I restore using the nandroid, then load the programs without data.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I did a nandroid right after I rooted in case I screwed something up or incase i needed to get back to totally stock. I thought titanium would back up all my apps and stuff so that I could delete the bloatware then re-install if needed like for any potential updates that require the phone to have the right stuff installed. Basically Titanium did nothing. I still have the nandroid as a backup but I think I'm just going to live without the MX update as it sounds fairly worthless and not worth breaking root for.

Thanks for the info though.

One other question about nandroid backups though, I did a nandroid right after rooting, so if I did another would it overwrite that first one or do they receive different names giving you the opportunity to restore to different backed up ROMs?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did a nandroid right after I rooted in case I screwed something up or incase i needed to get back to totally stock. I thought titanium would back up all my apps and stuff so that I could delete the bloatware then re-install if needed like for any potential updates that require the phone to have the right stuff installed. Basically Titanium did nothing. I still have the nandroid as a backup but I think I'm just going to live without the MX update as it sounds fairly worthless and not worth breaking root for.

Thanks for the info though.

One other question about nandroid backups though, I did a nandroid right after rooting, so if I did another would it overwrite that first one or do they receive different names giving you the opportunity to restore to different backed up ROMs?

Nope.

Nandroid backups are stored...IIRC...in the clockwork/backup folder on your SD card. You get a new one each time to backup You can either use ROM Manager to rename them...out of the box they default to a date format for file names....or you can use Astro or Root Manager to rename them to something a little easier to recognize.

You'll also note that as you accumulate them, they'll suck down the available space on your SD card pretty quickly. I usually keep two or three on the phone at any time, copy those I think I might still need to the PC, and delete those I'm pretty sure I don't need anymore.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the scoop douger. One more thing you may or may not know, where would i find the original recovery image for 2.2. I'm trying to go to unrevoked forever so i can do the MX update then flash back to clockworkmod and re-delete the vcast crap thats going to show up.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the scoop douger. One more thing you may or may not know, where would i find the original recovery image for 2.2. I'm trying to go to unrevoked forever so i can do the MX update then flash back to clockworkmod and re-delete the vcast crap thats going to show up.

Try this.

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I hope this isn't wrong to say this, but after you ran the restore thru Titanium, did you reboot? I read the wiki on Titanium, it says you must reboot for all data to be restored. This happened to me the first time I flashed a ROM

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope this isn't wrong to say this, but after you ran the restore thru Titanium, did you reboot? I read the wiki on Titanium, it says you must reboot for all data to be restored. This happened to me the first time I flashed a ROM

Yep, rebooted but still no joy. I'm just relying on my nandroids for backups now and not relying on Titanium. My reason for all this was to install the MX update but seeing some of the problems people are having I've decided to skip and investigate some ROMs that have it baked in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699