Post-Root Phone No Boot

sweeds

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted successfully a few days ago. I have been trying to install a few custom kernels to alleviate WiFi issues I am having. But now I am in an even bigger hole.

At the end of last night, the kernel I installed kept me at the "HTC Incredible" screen. I did a hard reset, pulled the battery, booted into recovery, and did my full NANDROID backup. Everything seemed to be OK. Now, this morning I wake up and the phone does not turn on. Not at all. There is no back light when the phone is turned on and I am just sitting at a black screen. I have tested this with two chargers and two batteries.

WHAT IS GOING ON? And is there anything I can do. :( ......is this a brick?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Pull the battery and hold the power button down for a full 60 seconds. The put the battery back in and try to power the phone up normally.

Let us know what happens.

sweeds

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried the following two experiemnts:

1. Pull battery > Unplug phone > Hold Power Button for 60 Seconds > Reinsert battery and power on
2. Pull Battery > Plug into Wall Charger > Hold Power for 60 Seconds > Power on through charger only

Neither of these worked. The phone front light does not come on even when the phone is directly plugged into the charger with the battery pulled. Please Help

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
What were you doing before the problem happened. Which kernel were you flashing? Did you try to flash a radio? I know you said you were able to nandroid back and get running, but something must have happened. Just trying to narrow down paths of possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez