Rooting Infuse with AT&T GB

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Infuse to gingerbread in beginning of February. All the rooting methods I am able to find are applicable to froyo. Looks like my phone is in the twilight zone as far as rooting?

Last edited:

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Infuse to gingerbread in beginning of February. All the rooting methods I am able to find are applicable to froyo. Looks like my phone is in the twilight zone as far as rooting?

The only answer I was able to find for this issue was to flash back to froyo, root your phone again, flash the community kernal with sgs kernal flasher (the kernal can be found at xda), then install rom manager and flash clockwork mod recovery...Finally, find a rooted gb rom and flash it in recovery. Enjoy!

Edit: had to add this.. to flash back to froyo go to xdadevelopers.com and search for ultimate unbrick. Gtg posted it a while back and it never failed me.

Sent from my Zeus powered Infuse using tapatalk.

Last edited:

edgar1026

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
This is how I rooted my At&T Infuse 4G with running 2.3.6 on Feb 26th 2012....
I got this from XDA site and they were intended for Rogers infuse but when At&T released the new 2.3.6 they became applicable to us as well. It works

Instructions:
1) Create a folder on your internal SD card called "Voodoo". Then create another folder inside of it called "disable-lagfix".
2) Make sure the Samsung USB drivers are installed. Having Kies will get this accomplished
3) Download and unzip Odin_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.zip.
4) Right click on Odin3_v1.81.exe and run it as administrator.
5) Place your phone into download mode. Do this by powering it completely off and then holding down both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable.
6) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##.
7) Click the PDA button and choose PDA_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.tar.md5.
8) Press Start.
9) If the phone doesn't automatically reboot after it completes the flash, just pull the battery and then replace it and turn on the phone.
10) You should now be rooted and see the Superuser app installed on your phone.

Download File Links and more info are listed on: [How To] Root the Rogers Infuse 4G - NOT for AT&T Infuse owners - xda-developers.

Enjoy

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for the responds above. The method given by edgar1026 seemed easier. That was what I used and it worked!!

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was so glad to see the superuser among the apps. Upon closer looking at the phone, there are two problems. The wifi is not working, I can turn it on and it just turn itself off and it does not detect any network. The second problem is some of apps the icon turn into "green android". When I click on it, it just says the application is not installed in the phone. I need help!!

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I googled online without finding any solution for the disabled wifi issue. I tried hard reset and it did not work. I could try loading a custom rom and see what would happen. But intead, I turned to Samsung tech support for help. I kind of expecting I would get turn away because I rooted the phone. To my surprise, I was offered to send the phone in for repair for free. I was also told that I would get the phone back with Froyo loaded. Hopefully, I will get the phone back in 2 to 3 weeks.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash a custom rom, and if so which one?

Here’s what I would suggest: Go completely back to stock with Odin. And flash a different rom. I use Zeus on my infuse and everything works perfectly, including wifi.

Follow these steps and your phone should be just fine

[Guide] Best Way To Flash A Rom Without Having Problems - xda-developers

Download Zeus when finished, place it in the internal sd and flash as instructed.

[ROM][UCKL2][2.3.6]ALL HAIL *Z*E*U*S*The Collective[3/5/12]Now with 8 Lockscreens! - xda-developers

I hope it all works out. I would hate to see someone go without their phone for two weeks. :S

Keep us posted! :)

jloibman

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks edgar1026. It really worked for me, I have the official GB on my At&t Infuse and this was the only procedure that worked. Just had to install again almost all the apps. bus it?s ok, I'm rooted!

bbarden

May 29, 2012
Visit site
This is how I rooted my At&T Infuse 4G with running 2.3.6 on Feb 26th 2012....
I got this from XDA site and they were intended for Rogers infuse but when At&T released the new 2.3.6 they became applicable to us as well. It works

Instructions:
1) Create a folder on your internal SD card called "Voodoo". Then create another folder inside of it called "disable-lagfix".
2) Make sure the Samsung USB drivers are installed. Having Kies will get this accomplished
3) Download and unzip Odin_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.zip.
4) Right click on Odin3_v1.81.exe and run it as administrator.
5) Place your phone into download mode. Do this by powering it completely off and then holding down both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable.
6) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##.
7) Click the PDA button and choose PDA_Infused_Gingerbread_Kernel_v1.tar.md5.
8) Press Start.
9) If the phone doesn't automatically reboot after it completes the flash, just pull the battery and then replace it and turn on the phone.
10) You should now be rooted and see the Superuser app installed on your phone.

Download File Links and more info are listed on: [How To] Root the Rogers Infuse 4G - NOT for AT&T Infuse owners - xda-developers.

Enjoy

I tried every possible method to root this phone...lol. You showed me the way that really worked.
Thank You,
BBarden

gooberc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm a noob...but I tries to root using the method from edgar. My phone just stays at the reboot screen and it doesn't shoe up on Odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Android Central Forums

So I finally got it done, but as some people my WiFi doesnt seem to work.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana