Bad story with happy ending, sort of...

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Got my inspire, love it but decided to root it using the Easy One Click, went through the process of making the gold card, then proceeded with the rest, phone boot it up with the "no sound" ROM, downloaded ROM Manager to flash the rooted AT&T ROM and found out that I wasn't rooted at all, tried installing SU manually no go. At this point didn't know what else to do, I had a phone with a no sound ROM, no root, no H+ like stock, although everything else worked fine.
Thought that I needed to buy another phone, couldn't send it back for replacement, I was totally crapped out.
After reading a little more on returning it to stock ROM, came across two files,
"S-ON_Tool.exe" and "RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M_release_166557_signed.exe". Before ordering another phone decided to try this two.
Ran the S-ON_tool.exe with the phone plugged on charge only mode and debugging on, all is good. Then ran the RUU, on charge only mode and debugging on again, after about 8 minutes, I'm back to stock again, YAY!, just like new out of the box, no need to buy another phone.
To my surprise, after checking that everything was ok, I found a message on the notification bar, all apps restored, and every app I bought and downloaded for free were back on the phone again, no idea how, is this a new feature?Don't remember clicking on Google backing up the phone.
After a nice two and a half hours of thinking how am I going to explain to my wife that I'm putting $400 charge on the VISA for a new phone when I got this one 3 days ago, :), I'm a happy man again, no root but ok. All is fine now, going to wait for an easier way of rooting or perhaps will try again next weekend. In the end I found the perfect way of unrooting the inspire.
Google the files to find them, lost the links, sorry.

:)

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing except with the hack kit. Flashed the stock ruu and left it alone. For about 2 days. :D I couldn't help it. I needed root. Got it working with the one click method and couldn't be happier. Rooting isnt for everyone and thats perfectly fine. It is your phone after all and as long as your happy, thats the main thing.

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
You sound like me, trying rooting again as I write this message, will keep posted, wish me luck, I NEED MY ROOT!

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing as before, back to stock again. Oh well, waiting for a better method, is not working for me.

Are you asking questions in the one click thread on xda? I can almost guarantee you, your issue isn't the first time it's happened. There are smart people over there and they can get you through it.

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really, but might do that. The main reason I want to root is to use Root Explorer and Titanium BackUp, not for flashing roms or heavy modding.
Thanks for watching out :).

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Not really, but might do that. The main reason I want to root is to use Root Explorer and Titanium BackUp, not for flashing roms or heavy modding.
Thanks for watching out :).

No prob. Those guys/gals will get you sorted outfor sure.

My main reasonn was just to get rid of the awful bloatware. Used titanium backup for that. I was content in my clean looking Inspire for about, you guessed it, 2 days. :D Then the ROM flashing began. It's a fun process to go through when you're ready for it. Those 2 days I spent reading everything about all the available ROMS at the time. I finally found a couple of good ones. It is addicting!! :p

Reactions: genuino