I need some root help please!!

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have looked through various threads and forums but i couldn't find anything that would help me with my issues. I recently bought a htc inspire and after a couple of days my friend convinced me to root it. I followed the steps using this [DEV][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers root. All was going well till i powered it up,after following the specific examples shown in the video and directions. I had no superuser app and my "root access was denied" and i have no sound (i know it says that you have to flash that).However i did get S-on to change to S-off. I'm currently stopping where im at as i dont want to experiment farther and risk bricking my phone. I'd appreciate any suggestions in helping me finish or complete the root. Thank you!

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I believe the video is out of date.

If your computer still recognizes your Inspire, try starting over.

The first time I tried, I did something wrong, so I just started over.
I got it right the second time.

Reactions: droiddoesinspire

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm real apprehensive to be the one to walk you through it.
I just barely started with Android a week ago.
I've worked a lot with Custom Roms, back in the Old WM days, but I'm still real new to Android.

For me, I started over from the beginning, and all went well the second time.

However; I don't want in anyway to feel bad if something goes wrong for you.

You might also want to post in the xda-developers thread:
[DEV][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok I now have no idea what im doing. I replugged back in followed same steps opened terminal emulator and typed /data/local/temp/rage but got "not found" Can someone please help im starting to get worried i just want to finish root so i can go back to factory stock and be done with it all

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Some people said they did it in 30 minutes.
For me I think I spent a little over an hour.
I went really slow and read every little message it gave me.

The next time I have to root, I'll probably be more comfortable.

Just take it really slow. Read and make sure you aren't missing an instruction or step.

Reactions: droiddoesinspire

Wired4Speed

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I remember reading something about the rage being stripped out of the program by antivirus. Did you make sure to turn off/ remove antivirus before downloading and during the root process? I also turned off firewall and windows defender to be safe.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, Bubby has a FAQ in the first post that helped me out with many issues. I believe there's something in there about rage as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38