1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need some root help please!!

I have looked through various threads and forums but i couldn't find anything that would help me with my issues. I recently bought a htc inspire and after a couple of days my friend convinced me to root it. I followed the steps using this root. All was going well till i powered it up,after following the specific examples shown in the video and directions. I had no superuser app and my "root access was denied" and i have no sound (i know it says that you have to flash that).However i did get S-on to change to S-off. I'm currently stopping where im at as i dont want to experiment farther and risk bricking my phone. I'd appreciate any suggestions in helping me finish or complete the root. Thank you!

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I get one thread bump in 24 hours. This is a good time. Good luck, and good night.
    BUMP

I believe the video is out of date.

If your computer still recognizes your Inspire, try starting over.

The first time I tried, I did something wrong, so I just started over.
    I got it right the second time.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok thanks! So its that simple i can just try again?? I wasnt sure if it would mess with what i already tried to do. Thanks again!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Alright so ive now plugged my phone back in, it still recognizes it. So do i now just start all the way from the beginning ?

I'm real apprehensive to be the one to walk you through it.
    I just barely started with Android a week ago.
    I've worked a lot with Custom Roms, back in the Old WM days, but I'm still real new to Android.

For me, I started over from the beginning, and all went well the second time.

However; I don't want in anyway to feel bad if something goes wrong for you.

You might also want to post in the xda-developers thread:
    Device: Verizon Note2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok I now have no idea what im doing. I replugged back in followed same steps opened terminal emulator and typed /data/local/temp/rage but got "not found" Can someone please help im starting to get worried i just want to finish root so i can go back to factory stock and be done with it all
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ahh i think i know what i did the second time I turned on USB debugging to late so im going to try it for a third time!

Some people said they did it in 30 minutes.
    For me I think I spent a little over an hour.
    I went really slow and read every little message it gave me.

The next time I have to root, I'll probably be more comfortable.

Just take it really slow. Read and make sure you aren't missing an instruction or step.
    Device: Verizon Note2
    Thanked by:

I think I remember reading something about the rage being stripped out of the program by antivirus. Did you make sure to turn off/ remove antivirus before downloading and during the root process? I also turned off firewall and windows defender to be safe.

Also, Bubby has a FAQ in the first post that helped me out with many issues. I believe there's something in there about rage as well.